The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 8, 2009, 12:51 PM   #26
Scorch

Cold Steel Man-
Your shotgun is a Remington Semiautomatic Shotgun as evidenced by the shape of the safety and the lack of a magazine cutoff (every A5 I have ever seen had the cutoff, that was one of the distinguishing features of the Browning). In addition to having been aggressivelu polished, it has also been restocked, because the forearms on original Remington Semiautomatic Shotguns typically split on the bottom. Brownings had the same problem.

As stated above, the Remington Semiautomatic Shotgun was renamed Model 11, and later Remington shotguns have that rollmarked into the receiver
Old November 24, 2009, 09:20 PM   #27
wrhester

butt plates

Hello, New here, but I have a Model 11 that was bought by my Great grandfather around 1918. At the time he was Sheriff of Red River Parish, LA. It was passed down to me and been my primary shotgun since I was around 16. I'm 47 now. The only problem I've had with it, is the buttplate. Any place I can get a replacement for it? The old one looked like the second from the right in the photo.
Old November 24, 2009, 11:55 PM   #28
DG45

I don't know if these folks have that particular buttplate in inventory, but they may. Good Luck!

http://www.gun-parts.com/remingtonshotgun/