The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 29, 2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Leblaze

Scope subtension

OK, my apologies first off, as this is something that may have been addressed here in the past, but I have not found the information I am looking for.
Please bear with me.
I have an older riflescope, made by Bushnell, their "Sportview" in fixed 4x with 32mm objective and duplex reticule.
I have tried to find out from the manufacturer what the subtension for this reticule is, and they cannot tell me. I even sent them some high res photographs showing the partially obscured model number, they were not very helpful.
I would think they should know, they made the silly thing. So, I guess this is going to be the question.
Would anyone happen to know if this information is available, and where I can find it if Bushnell says they don't know?
I know, I can take it to the range and "measure" it, but I would like to know anyway if someone can help me find out..
Thanks in advance!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130928_134829.jpg (222.8 KB, 23 views)
Old October 29, 2013, 11:20 AM   #2
5thShock

You wouldn't need to go to a range. 25 yards would do. Use a grid of one inch squares and multiply your measurements by 4.