The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 3, 2009, 07:13 PM   #1
shepherddogs

F&M Reloading

Anybody dealt with these people? Are they OK?
Old February 3, 2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Sevens

Have you used the search engine? Yes, their name has come up. I would imagine that someone has had decent dealings with them, but the only ones I can recall are the guys who spent 3-4-5 weeks waiting on them with no communication and no clue as to where their order was, when it was coming, or if it was coming.

I'd skip them.
Old February 4, 2009, 10:25 PM   #3
BILLY D.

Sevens

If you can catch them at one of the Bill Goodman Gunshows, they used to have a table at each and every one.

They have a great selection of products at the shows. When ever I'm in Dayton visiting I always attend the show at Hara Arena.

To deal with in person they are fine but as you state they are a gut wrenching experience to deal with on-line or telecon.

Best wishes, Bill

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR.....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

HAPPY TRAILS, BILL

NRA LIFE MEMBER-1965

THE THREAD KILLER
Old February 10, 2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Jimbow1965

I just got my order from them and waited about 4 weeks and actualy cancled the order by e-mail. They sent it anyway. I needed the extras anyway but I won't order from them again....maybe none of us will in a year or so....so
Old February 10, 2009, 09:36 PM   #5
btolliverjr

I am actually pretty close to them. I tried to find their address to visit the store and the only listing was a PO box number. Tried to call the number and no answer. This all seems to follow the what I have been reading.
Old February 11, 2009, 05:43 AM   #6
Hawg

I don't think they keep a lot of stuff in stock. I ordered a Lee Pro pot and after three weeks I called them and they said Lee was backordered and mine should ship in two weeks. Three weeks later they still hadn't shipped so I cancelled it.
Old February 11, 2009, 09:47 PM   #7
zebulonsmith

I placed a fairly big order with them last fall. Took almost two months to come in, but the prices are tough to beat.
Old February 12, 2009, 07:25 PM   #8
TonyAR308

Placed an order with them on Dec 24. No communication unless I call. If I get them they apoligize and say it is backordered. No expected shipping time, nothing. I can't access my account to cancel and won't do it over the phone because I just know they will ship and bill anyway. On the flip side their prices are hard to beat and they don't bill until the item ships although the exchange rate may be different by then. Hey, maybe I'll get a refund along with my economic stimilus check, tax credit, new job and free insurance.
Old February 15, 2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Ed_

"maybe I'll get a refund along with my economic stimilus check, tax credit, new job and free insurance."

Unless you are a salt marsh harvest mouse or close personal friends with one...I wouldnt hold your breath!

LOL
Old February 15, 2009, 10:57 AM   #10
j357

F&M information from newbie

I am new to reloading, and wanted a good set up right around Christmas, all the mail order houses appeared to be backordered, so I initially planned to purchase locally. After reading several posts about F&M I wanted to find their local shop versus doing a web order and waiting. I had no luck locating a physical F&M Reloading ‘store’ in the Hamilton OH area either. I visited every shop around Cincinnati, and found few items in stock, and determined that every shop orders most of their equipment and components on an as needed basis. So I ultimately ordered from Midway, and had multiple items on back order.

While attending several recent Goodman shows in the Dayton OH area I picked up a business card for Superior Reloading Equipment. When I got home I noted that the bottom of the card shows their website to be - F&M Reloading.com. Superior’s business card lists a different PO Box 13086 and phone 513-844-1306 from F&M’s website.

I will say that Superior appears to be very nice people and has great prices. At the show they had a large selection of items – Lee and RCBS presses, fired brass, powder and dies, limited selection of items in each line due to supply. When I enquired about a Lee Deluxe 4 die set in .45, they advised me that it was on back order and I of course would have be in line with all of their previous back orders. Although they are doing a brisk business at the shows, you can tell their volume and supply chain appears short of Cabelas or Midway. They can only get what the local wholesale distributor or manufacturer has available.

Interesting note about Midway is they ship all items initially in stock, then wait for all of the back ordered items to fill the remaining portion of your order. If one item is 4 weeks out and three are 1 week out, you wait 4 weeks. However, you can interact with their website to determine whether to cancel the one offending item and reorder it separately. But you are paying for that service.

If I had it to do over again, I would consider ordering from F&M, and resign my self to waiting. I had to wait for Midway to assemble my order, and probably would have saved a few dollars in shipping from F&M.