The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 18, 2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Spencer

Half-Priced Browning Shotguns @ Galyan's!

I had heard that Galyan’s ( www.galyans.com ) had been purchased by another large sporting retailer & that there were some pretty outrageous deals on certain items, so I stopped in last night. Some things were priced better than others, but in general the place (pricing, displays, etc) was disorganized.

The guy behind the gun counter said that many guns were ringing up at different prices than how they were marked. I wasn’t really in the market for a new gun, but I am always in the market for a new gun at the right price.

I was able to buy a 12-gauge Browning Gold Hunter 3” chamber with 26” barrel for $525.00 – new in the box. The MSRP on this gun is over $1,000. If you stop into your local Galyan’s looking for similar deals, make sure to have the clerk ring in the guns to check the price; disregard the tags. For example, the same gun with a 28” barrel was ringing up much higher than the one with a 26” barrel; however the tagged prices were the same.

My new toy:
http://www.browning.com/products/cat...11&type_id=101

Happy (gun) Hunting!
Old January 18, 2005, 01:41 PM   #2
HighVelocity

Whoa, thanks for the tip. I am going to try to get down there today.