The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 23, 2009, 01:12 PM   #1
buffdriver

Conversion Kit for Hornady LnL AP Subplate - Link

As an alternative to paying $100 plus shipping for Hornady to upgrade your LnL AP to the new EZ-Ject system, Hornady is offering a kit so that you can do it yourself. Please read the FAQ regarding shellplates--you will still need to modify/replace any that do not have the groove on the underside.

Here is a link to the conversion kit on the Hornady website:

Conversion Kit

and here's their FAQ on the subject, which includes info on shellplates:

FAQ

Hope this helps,

BuffDriver
Old February 23, 2009, 01:26 PM   #2
cgaengineer

Thanks for posting a new thread about this. I can tell those with the spring ejector that the EZJect is a winner.
Old February 23, 2009, 01:46 PM   #3
CrustyFN

Quote:
Thanks for posting a new thread about this. I can tell those with the spring ejector that the EZJect is a winner.
Do you have one that is working good? I was just wondering because I only know one person that has the new EZject and is still having problems.
Rusty
Old February 23, 2009, 01:59 PM   #4
cgaengineer

I have the EZJect and have ZERO, NADA, ZIPPO problems loading 9mm or ejecting .223 or 30 Carbine...when I say ZERO, I mean ZERO! The finished rounds just fall into the bin now. I orginally have the wire version and had tons of problems, since I was within my return window I sent the press back to Cabelas who was wonderful to deal with and asked not a single question as to why I wanted to exchange.

Please see my video. This is my wife running the press. This video was 30 rounds of a 300 round load and no ejection problems, only the occasional mishap due to user error, failure to pop out a primer due to decapping pin slipping, a case that was too short to bell properly and the powder drop loosening and lifting out of the press.

A case feeder and a bullet feeder who have you only replacing primer tubes and it would be fully automatic except for replenishing shells, bullets primers and pulling handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs8Yne4aQHc
Old February 23, 2009, 05:08 PM   #5
CrustyFN

It's not 9mm he's having trouble with it's 45 auto. I guess somebody else on TFL has the same problem, he has a link to that thread in his. I'm not knocking Hornady or the press I was just curious.

http://www.glockpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7064

Rusty
Old February 23, 2009, 06:00 PM   #6
cgaengineer

For some reason that link does not load for me. I do know they have shell plate #45 for 45ACP now so if he was using the older one that was sold as 45ACP/.308 WIN that maybe his problem...I hope I dont have problems with the 45ACP when I finally order it.
Old February 23, 2009, 06:40 PM   #7
CrustyFN

I hope it's a rare thing. I don't need a progressive yet but Hornady is one of the two I'm really interested in when it's time to upgrade.
Rusty
Old February 24, 2009, 07:02 AM   #8
cgaengineer

Pictures on my LNL AP EZJect:

For those wondering...that is a small AA powered LED light made by Husky with an O-ring around the knurls to keep it from falling through press...it works great but I am currently in the design phase of a 12v lamp to illuminate the shell plate.