The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 25, 2008, 01:24 AM   #26
bobotech

Quote:
Bobotech have you tried the Uberti C&B cyl. in the Pietta to see if it's the R&D conversion Cyl. or the Pietta pin size?
Why are you trying the Uberti R&D in a Pietta that takes a .010" longer cyl.?
If that Uberti cyl. is a hair too long it would be perfect for my ASP and Euroarms Rems...I got 3 in .44 cal. they are a hair longer than Uberti.
Dim. as follows: Pietta 2.016" long, Armi San Paolo/Euroarms 2.009" long, Uberti 1.999"-2.000" long. All have the same size cyl. pin I.D. and pins are the same.
LOL

Now I'm thoroughly confused.

In a nutshell, the conversion cylinder is a Uberti R&D cylinder.

I have 2 revolvers, a Pietta and a Uberti.

The cylinder does NOT function in the Pietta, the base pin does NOT fit into the conversion cylinder.

THe conversion cylinder fits perfectly into my Uberti like it should.

The cylinder does not time perfectly with every cock. That is the issue. Sometimes it just doesn't lock into place perfectly and is slightly out of time. That is what I need to get fixed.

I really don't know why I even mentioned that I had a Pietta in the first place, that is a non-issue and something I shouldn't have even brought it up, I just managed to confuse everyone. LOL
Old October 25, 2008, 02:31 AM   #27
Smokin_Gun

Check the width of the Bolt Head compared to the width of the R&D Cyl. Slot. The Cyl. blows past lock up sometimes right?
Common with C&B Cyl. & Conversions. If what I said is the case then jus' stone down or lightly file the Bolt head to fit the cylinder slot.
The going past lock up doesn't mean it's out of time, means the pawl or hand is relatively new, not worn out, and workin' proper.

Let us know, (best to take the bolt out and hand fit it apart to the cyl. then try it assembled. Remember the face or top of the bolt head is made tappered to one side and not to flaten it)

SG
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php
Old October 25, 2008, 10:53 AM   #28
bobotech

Awesome advice.

I think I shall buy a new bolt first so that I can fall back on my existing one if I screw something up.

Thanks!