The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 14, 2021, 01:19 PM   #26
wild cat mccane

One thousand extra dollars, not parts

Meaning to get a CZ to have a P99/PQP trigger (with this being a PDP thread where the PDP supposedly has a better trigger):
You have to buy:
-Trigger reduced reach kit,
-DA Stacking kit (apex/CGW),
-Cam issue with new sear cage,
-Short reset spring kit,
blah blah blah.

Even the "ultra lite kit" is accomplished with a Glock #6 spring into the PPQ.

All also available to fix the Shadow 2: https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/shadow-2/

And then you'll have a CZ at the Walther stock level
Old May 1, 2021, 10:21 AM   #27
wild cat mccane

Still don't want to buy, more so now that I learned the plastic plate holds the extractor in.

But in looking, here is a PDP for sell. However, it has a PPQ slide on it. A stock photo that is trying to make the PDP look better

https://www.finfeatherfur.com/walthe...dy-black-15rd/
Old May 1, 2021, 10:34 AM   #28
TunnelRat

New 5" Walther PDP is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
Still don't want to buy, more so now that I learned the plastic plate holds the extractor in.

But in looking, here is a PDP for sell. However, it has a PPQ slide on it. A stock photo that is trying to make the PDP look better

https://www.finfeatherfur.com/walthe...dy-black-15rd/

The plate doesn’t hold the extractor in. The plate covers a roll pin and the roll pin holds the extractor in. To get to the roll pin you take off the plate. The pistol functions without the plate in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 2, 2021, 05:51 AM   #29
wild cat mccane

Extractor falling out:

https://www.waltherforums.com/thread.../#post-1268853
Old May 2, 2021, 07:12 AM   #30
TunnelRat

New 5" Walther PDP is

I based that comment on the fact that you can dry fire the pistol and chamber and extract dummy rounds through it without any issues with the optic plate removed. The extractor also doesn’t simply fall out when the plate is removed. Under live fire it would seem the roll pin can walk out from recoil if an optics plate (whether the cover plate or a dedicated mounting plate) is removed. Per that thread you link the person, by his own admission, had willfully removed the optic plate and was shooting the pistol solely in that configuration. Your initial comment was the plate holds the extractor in. That comment is incomplete because you failed to mention the roll pin. The plate itself is held in place by two torx screws with a number of threads of engagement. Even were I to beat on the plate or try to pry it off the slide I don’t see how it would fall off. If a person was concerned about the screws walking out they could use loctite, but given the number of threads of engagement I don’t believe it would be necessary.

In that same thread is a link to another thread where another owner made the same decision to fire the pistol after willfully removing the optic plate. Some of the responses there seem fairly reasonable to me. Rather than repeat them here I would direct you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; May 2, 2021 at 07:50 AM.