The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 20, 2013, 05:24 PM   #1
BoogieMan

FEG- PA63

Stopped in LGS (first mistake) looking for a Hungarian rifle that they my buddy said they had. Well it wasnt there anymore. BUT, they had a blued and silver PA63 FEG. $209 with NJST. Dammit they got me again. I like those little pistols and for $209 who could say no. They have been running about that much on Gunbroker, then I would have to pay s&h and most of them have been used to some extent.
Anyone have one? Very comfortable in the hand, shoots a fairly potent 9mm Mack. Due to NJ leading the nation in gun laws (im 13 weeks in waiting so far for permits) I wont be able to go back for it for some time. But I own a pistol im not allowed to poses for the time being. I will have some time to hunt down some ammo.
I now own 9mm Luger (1911) , 9mm Mack (PA63), 9mm Largo pistols (1911ish).
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown
Old March 21, 2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Doyle

Swap out the main and recoil springs. The mainsprings controls the double-action trigger pull. A new Wolf spring will smooth it out and lighten it considerably. A stronger wolf recoil spring will take some of the snap out of the recoil and also keep the slide from hitting the slide stop so hard with commercial ammo that is a tad stronger than the milspec stuff it was designed for.

I used to use the .32ACP version as a tacklebox gun. Worked great for that.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:50 AM   #3
BoogieMan

Any sources for mags? Anyone make an aftemarket 10rnd mag?
I read a couple of articles on the main spring and plan to order the wolf spring kit to help smooth it out.
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown
Old March 22, 2013, 10:13 PM   #4
Dead

Cdnninvestments has extra mags, 29.99 each and 9.99 for shipping as long you order <=1000 items.

NJ is hit or miss with getting permits. My dad got his lastest back in 5 days however