The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 14, 2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Texson

Anyone used Alliant promo reloading 44 mag?

Can Promo be used safely with Red Dot data in 44 mag and 45LC? I have looked up some info but some of it seems to contradict different postings. I have a chance to pickup 8lbs very cheap.
Thanks,
Texson

Last edited by Texson; May 14, 2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Used wrong powder for comparison
Old May 14, 2010, 09:38 PM   #2
epr105

I have used it in .38, .40, and .45 it has worked fine. No complaints The powder needs to be measured by weight not volume.
Ed
Old May 14, 2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Texson

Thanks epr105

Thanks epr105, most of my shooting is 38,44 mag, and 45acp. I recently bought a SBK 44 mag and love to shoot it. I don't care for the max loads, just mid term for fun. If the promo powder will work where red dot does it will be cheaper for me. I also have the BLK 45LC/45acp converible SA 45 acp tactical, sr9, single six blk, S&W 22a, OM 357 mag blk,and the more I shoot the more fun it becomes. My wife says I have gone crasy for my love of pistols, in the last 2 years I hace bought 7 and have about that many more I want. I have to hurry for I started late in life. Also reloading is so much fun it should be against the law. In August I retire and I am going to get serious with my hobby.

Texson