The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 29, 2000, 06:52 PM   #1
Normalizer

Just picked up my new Uzi smg yesterday, -wow!-....

Anyway, It's 9mm and I allready have a 45acp conversion kit for it, now I want the 22lr kit. I checked the Vector Arms website and the one they have listed isn't available yet.

Does anybody know where I can get the 22lr conversion kit for an Uzi submachinegun?
Old August 30, 2000, 09:26 AM   #2
chetchat

Check www.subguns.com
Go to Message Boards, then The NFA Ad Board. You can always post a WTB ad there, too.

Nick
Old September 18, 2000, 07:12 PM   #3
Normalizer

Just received a factory IMI 22lr kit in the mail I won at GunBroker online auction. The seller advertised it as being for models A and B, as well as full auto versions.

He lied, or simply screwed up.

The kit clearly says on the box that it is for model B uzi's only, as well as the manual with the kit. I have emailed him back explaining and asking for a refund, wish me luck - total cost for the kit and 3 mags was about $275
Old September 18, 2000, 07:34 PM   #4
chetchat

If you have any problems getting a clear refund, be sure to let us know who the seller is.

A responsible seller doesn't make mistakes like that, unless he has several of a similar conversion kit and simply mailed you the wrong version - I doubt that's the case, though. Good luck.

FYI - there's a board on www.subguns.com called the Board Of Inquiry where you can ask if anyone has had experience with the buyer or seller you're dealing with, get pro and con comments there.

Nick
Old September 19, 2000, 12:23 PM   #5
Byron

I think the Vector website is not up to date, and their .22 conversion kit is now available. Somebody just got one and posted his review on subguns.com last week. It worked great once he used the right recoil spring and ammo.
Old September 19, 2000, 11:21 PM   #6
Normalizer

The guy that sold me the IMI kit emailed me back apologizing for his mixup and is offering a full refund. I'll try and call Vector this week to check if they do have their own kits, if anyone else beats me to the punch do please post here stating what you found out.
Old September 22, 2000, 02:29 PM   #7
Normalizer

Just called Vector asking about their 22lr kit for the uzi smg.... they are gonna call me back and let me know if they have gotten them made yet. Just thought I'd let everyone know, and to keep this thread alive so I can find it later.
Old September 22, 2000, 02:31 PM   #8
Normalizer

Any idea what the "right" type of ammo was?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Byron:
I think the Vector website is not up to date, and their .22 conversion kit is now available. Somebody just got one and posted his review on subguns.com last week. It worked great once he used the right recoil spring and ammo. [/quote]

Old September 22, 2000, 03:31 PM   #9
Shockwave

I have a few questions about the IMI Uzi. It's one of my favorite submachine guns. I think that having the mag in the pistol grip balances the weight nicely. Anyway, what are the different types of Uzis? I know they come in three sizes, the full size, the "Mini-Uzi" with the folding stock, and the pistol-sized Micro-Uzi. But I didn't know they came in .45ACP. And what's this Model A, Model B stuff?
Old September 23, 2000, 07:36 AM   #10
Normalizer

YOU SAID - "I know they come in three sizes, the full size, the "Mini-Uzi" with the folding stock, and the pistol-sized Micro-Uzi. But I didn't know they came in .45ACP. And what's this Model A, Model B stuff?"

I am not an expert by any means but here is what I know of the full size uzi... your mileage may vary as I may be off on the details.

The original uzi (model a) fired from an open bolt config. and was easy to convert to full auto (legally or otherwise.) Due to concern about this imi produced the model b, which fired from a closed bolt which somehow made it more difficult to convert to automatic. That's the model a and b.

There are several different drop in kits to convert them between different ammo. 9mm, 45acp, 22l4, and 41 action express (which never took off and though the kits are fairly abundant the ammo is very scarce and expensive when you do find it.)

Then there are the mini and micro uzi's, of which I know nothing.

I have the full size uzi submachine gun. I bought it as a 9mm and shortly thereafter found a 45 kit for it. Both worked flawlessly for me when I took it out to the range this month. I have since begun a quest to find a 22lr kit, which I will post an update about after I finish this message.
Old September 23, 2000, 07:38 AM   #11
Normalizer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Normalizer:
Just called Vector asking about their 22lr kit for the uzi smg.... they are gonna call me back and let me know if they have gotten them made yet. [/quote]

Called Vector yesterday and they DO have the 22lr kits for the uzi smg. I believe price was $230 for the kit and one mag, and they have extra mags for sale but I missed the price.

They reccomended 2 different brands of ammo, both high velocity rounds, as being the best able to get the smg rolling. Forgot which ones, sorry.

Anyway, they DO have the kits but are behind schedule due to the response they have gotten from customers.

Old September 23, 2000, 06:29 PM   #12
Normalizer

The man who sold me the kit emailed telling me it was returned to him in today's mail. He informed me his is going to inspect it to make sure it is in the same condition it was sold in and afterwards he will send me a refund by check for buisness purposes.

I paid within hours of the auction ending using my visa card and have replied back to him saying the refund is expected to be made the same way, and if he insists upon otherwise then only by usps money order or cashiers check.

In the meantime he is STILL listing the model b kit on gunbroker as being for ALL models of uzi, stated that he's too busy to change the description and will advise bidders after they have placed their bids.

Obviously this is NOT the kind of buisness practices one would expect so if I don't hear better word from him back by midnight sunday night I will be following the previously posted advice here and reporting him on the other board mentioned, as well as here.

In the meantime, if you are looking for the 22 kit on gunbroker be aware that the 22lr kits offered there currently as of this writing are NOT for smg's or model a uzi's. LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Normalizer:
The guy that sold me the IMI kit emailed me back apologizing for his mixup and is offering a full refund. I'll try and call Vector this week to check if they do have their own kits, if anyone else beats me to the punch do please post here stating what you found out.[/quote]

Old September 27, 2000, 09:18 AM   #13
Normalizer

Well, I've given the seller more than enough time to make good on the sale of his 22 conversion kit and he's evidently decided to burn me so here's the info:

[email protected] is selling on GunBroker auction under the name of GR8-DEALS. I bid on and won item #506928 which he describes as: "HERE IS A NEW FACTORY IMI UZI 22LR CONVERSION KIT. THIS WILL WORK GREAT IN A, B, OR FULL-AUTO UZI'S !!!"

The kit, 2 extra mags, and insured shipping cost me $283.80 which I paid immediately using my Visa card. I emailed him when the auction ended thanking him for putting the item up for sale stating that I would be using it on my Uzi SMG, so he knew what I wanted it for.

The kit arrived and it's NOT what he advertised, it is instead the IMI kit or the MODEL B uzi and does not work in model a's or smg's. The fact that it is for model B uzi's only is stated clearly on the inventory label on the side of the box as well as in the opening of the instruction manual.

After telling on him the problem on 9-18-00 he advised I could return it for a refund, which I did using his shipping instructions. The package arrived on 9-23-00 but he did not sign to receive it and at this point it sits in the post office waiting for him to pick it up. It is now 9-27-00 and he still hasn't picked it up but did email me implying that I might have damaged it or sent him back an empty box and would only give a refund after inspecting the contents, which I can understand but unless he signs for the package he can't inspect it.

I paid using my Visa, he wants to issue a refund by check (assuming he ever gives one.) He now ignores my email regarding the kit and evidently has no intention of ever giving the refund or even picking up the package, where it now sits in limbo at the post office.

IN THE MEANTIME he is STILL selling these kits on GunBroker describing them as being for ALL uzi's, when I questioned him about it he said he was too busy to change the description but would advise buyers after they had placed their bids. Right.....

I now have to contact my bank about getting the charge taken off my credit card and possibly other steps as well. I've been hit for well over $290 now and have NOTHING to show for it.

BEWARE! This joker is also selling on Ebay using the name "savebig$" and has at least one item up for bid at the moment.

IF he ever makes good on this I'll post again. Wish me luck, $290 ain't chicken feed to me.

Obviously this is NOT the kind of buisness practices one would expect so if I don't hear better word from him back by midnight sunday night I will be following the previously posted advice here and reporting him on the other board mentioned, as well as here.
[/quote]

Old September 27, 2000, 08:30 PM   #14
Normalizer

I don't know if the seller reads here or not but today I received an email from him saying he had been out of town and that his wife had been the one emailing me, and behold a refund was made this afternoon to my creditcard.

SO - thanks for letting me waste bandwidth here telling my troubles, tomorrow I'm calling Vector and ordering the kit THEY have for sale.

Very happy today, not only did I get the refund but the chief of police here just approved my paperwork to get the AWC suppressor for the Uzi, gonna send that off to the feds tomorrow. Yeehaw!

IF he ever makes good on this I'll post again.
[/quote]