The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 28, 2012, 04:15 AM   #1
hoytinak

Sights for a H&R Pardner...?

My father wanted a shorter barrel for his 28" barreled H&R Pardner but in order to get the 18.5" barrel they sell they want you to send your gun into them so they can "fit" the new barrel.

He didn't want to go through all that for a $150 shotgun so he asked me if I'd gun the 28" barrel down for him. Well I cut it just over 19" to keep inline with the rib on top on the barrel. I was going to drill/tab the rib and put the gold bead back on but he's wanting some better sights. Thinking something like ghost sights or just a HiViz front sight. What would fit on the rib.......any suggestions?
Old February 28, 2012, 08:00 AM   #2
oneounceload

Hi-Viz (or one of the other glow worm makers, have units that are magnetic as well as some that clamp on the rib - they might work. They also have big threaded glow beads that might do the trick
Old February 28, 2012, 10:11 AM   #3
PetahW

There are several sources & vendors for fiber-optic front/rear sights that will clamp on the rib - TruGlo, HiViz, Cabela's, MidwayUSA, Brownell's, etc.