The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 3, 2016, 01:58 PM   #1976
Wagonman

Not new, but back.

sad to see about hotdogs

wagonman
Old July 4, 2016, 12:02 PM   #1977
OS11085

Introduction

Hi there names Fred I live in Florida escaped the Liberal Republic of NY.
Just getting back into shooting after a number of years doing other things. Have been in the wings here or a few months soaking up the info that is given. Hope I can learn something.
Old July 4, 2016, 04:42 PM   #1978
HughScot

New but not to firearms

Name is Hugh Campbell. Used to shoot IHMSA back in the '80s using a Dan Wesson 44 mag, TC, and XP100. Wife has no experience and wants a hangun for her piece of mind. Been reading a lot of great stuff on this site and also on The Cornered Cat. Thanks.
Old July 6, 2016, 09:21 PM   #1979
STL_KRH

Hi, I'm Kevin and I'm from the St. Louis area. I'm 48, happily divorced, with a son who was just commissioned in the Navy. I like to shoot and hunt, but am set in my ways. I enjoy shotgun hunting with my 25 year old 870 and I carry a Sig P250 9MM daily (except in Illinois, of course).

I joined the forum because I had a question about a revolver my brother in law gave me, but I've spent way too much time reading on here.
Old July 9, 2016, 09:04 AM   #1980
mlund

Hey I'm big Mike and I'm new on here.I have a lot of questions on indiana carry and conceal.
Old July 12, 2016, 07:10 PM   #1981
Longhorn1986

How y'all doing? I'm Michael from Richmond, Texas. Getting back into shooting after being out (and out of Texas) for awhile. Besides shooting, I'm an avid fly fisherman. My wife shares my enthusiasm for both guns and fly rods as well. Guess I got lucky!
Old July 21, 2016, 09:21 AM   #1982
jackstrawIII

Thanks Firing Line

After perusing TFL for many years and learning a ton, I'm looking forward to being able to contribute to the discussions happening here. I know a lot about some things, and almost nothing about others. Honored to be here.
Old July 22, 2016, 05:21 PM   #1983
RowdyCo

Hello there! I recently relocated to the Puget Sound area of Washington, so a community like this should give a needed reprieve from the Liberal attitudes that surround me. I look forward to bumping elbows with like-minded people!
Old July 25, 2016, 02:13 PM   #1984
Old Bill Dibble

I retired from military after 24 years and currently work in law enforcement in the South. Slightly more than a casual shooter I hunt, target shoot and collect certain firearms. Interested in the preservation of gun rights.
Old July 31, 2016, 03:09 PM   #1985
robocop

I am new to this site. Have been around firearms since I was 16, now pushing 70. A lot has changed over the years and I would like to stay informed. So far, I have found this to be a great site with so much information to offer. I used to teach forensic science from bugs to firearms. But I had a stroke and the mind changes, CRS. Hope to make some new friends. Currently living in the great state of Florida. Mover here from the Northeast. Also, retired LEO.

Last edited by robocop; July 31, 2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Adding
Old August 2, 2016, 01:31 AM   #1986
TheLastGoodFight

Good evening all; prepare to be bombarded with questions.
Old August 7, 2016, 09:03 PM   #1987
JustSgtPat

Hello everyone. I'm from NW Indiana and just getting started in shooting beyond pistols and what I did in the Army. I have read a lot of threads and there is a ton of info here. I hope at some point I can contribute, until then bear with me as I have a lot of questions!!
Old August 7, 2016, 11:15 PM   #1988
rongatt1940

Still wandering around the site and trying to figure where I can jump in. I am 76 years old and a retired engineer living in Florida.
Old August 9, 2016, 08:39 AM   #1989
FreakShow

Hello from Delaware

Just bought my first gun last weekend. Reason being, i work in medical in a prison. While out riding my bike a few weeks ago an inmate on house arrest spotted me and try to get me to pull over. He followed me back to my mothers house. even though they are on house arrest they have certain hours of they day they can go out.. Anyway i figure it's time to arm myself. So here i am getting ready to take a conceal carry course. My wife already has her's from being in the military. Looked around this forum and saw there is a lot of info and it's all currant.
Old August 15, 2016, 07:30 PM   #1990
FMFDOC

Aaron from WA

As my handle implies, I'm a retired Navy FMF Corpsman with a total of 22 years of military service (Two tours in Iraq with the USMC). I am planning on starting a local chapter of AA (Armaments Anonymous) as I have been increasing my collection of firearms rather ridiculously as of late. The newest addition is a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. Great gun for under $500. I'll be trolling around posts looking for advice. Have a good one!
Old August 18, 2016, 05:17 PM   #1991
sig-gunner

Hello from flyover state U.S.A.

Nice to look around and read in the forums here and post now and then.

I'm an old guy and have had guns since the early 60s. No I'm not in my early 60s I'm in my late 60s.

Settled on Sig Sauer P239 as my EDC, but I do have several others and carry each of those from time to time.

I love to meet up with other shooters at a couple of ranges and a few non-range shooting spots around the surrounding counties. No longer hand load so I am always looking for a deal on ammo.

Take care folks,

~ SG
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan
Old August 19, 2016, 01:06 AM   #1992
Penn25

I am on other forums and thought I would check you folks out. Have several guns, knives, battle axes etc. I'm older than 60s but still cognizant of my surroundings lol. I am not a prolific poster but do answer or create threads. Hello to you all!

Aloha
Old August 19, 2016, 06:32 PM   #1993
shoei

hello everyone I'm new here and quite new to guns although i own several.
Old August 25, 2016, 07:01 PM   #1994
Hdonly

Hello all. Tony from NW Florida. Although I have made a few posts, I am fairly new here. Have a small pistol range on my property. I am retired from city public works (30 years there). Did a hitch in the USAF. That is how I ended up in Florida. Have/Shoot rifles, pistols, revolvers. Recently getting back into black powder shooting. Into old tractors, cars, motorcycles, guns, music, lots of stuff. Have too many projects going on right now than anyone should have at one time. I need to live to about 175 to finish them all. Lots of great information and discussion here.
Old August 31, 2016, 08:44 AM   #1995
bestgungames

New member need help

Hi all gun lovers I'm David and my hobby is making games for mobile phones. Currently Im working on gun simulation and i need your help to review some guns I made so I can make it better and more realistic because I dont have much experience in guns, except air guns If administration team allow me I will post download link so guys can help me to make weapons better . Tnx in advance ,best regards David
p.s. If you have some weapon wish to add to game dont hesitate to let me know and I will do my best to make ti happen .

Donwload link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imulator&hl=en

Last edited by bestgungames; August 31, 2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old September 1, 2016, 10:01 AM   #1996
maccw34

New to Fourm

Hello all i am new here hoping to get as much new info as i can and guidance if needed. Thanks Gary
Old September 2, 2016, 03:55 AM   #1997
Gun Check Austria

New member from Austria

Hi TFL and greetings from beautiful Austria!

I have a view handguns and rifles and make target practice mostly with my pisols. Nowerdays we have many new gun owners in Austria (maybe you have read something about on the net). I decided to make an austrian gun channel, because here they are not so popular like in the U.S.

A look at my channel is the best introduction

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWl...NAescEzDWzEiwQ

Old September 2, 2016, 04:56 AM   #1998
hapaxl

Greeetings all -

I've been shooting, reloading, and gunsmithing for many decades and have been a regular reader of this forum for some time. Finally decided it was time to sign up and share some experiences and ideas.

Stay safe!
Old September 4, 2016, 12:04 PM   #1999
FarmN'Arms

Hello all,
I've been into firearms for as long as I can remember, I work as a supervisor at a Water Treatment plant and just recently received my 01 FFL, I am home based and do appointment only. I'm in North Lakeland FL, I've been trying to get my name out and grow as quickly as possible,Id like to get my SOT as soon as i can . My wife breeds goats and Australian Cattle dogs, so thats where the "farm" come from in our name. I do $15 Transfers for LE, Millitary, Fire and Teachers, and $20 for all others. If you could give a follow and like on my Facebook and instagram it'd be greatly appreciated! https://facebook.com/FarmNArms

Have a great day,
Josh
Old September 6, 2016, 04:10 AM   #2000
Jack_Smith

I never really was keen on guns, not that I hated them or anything, just that they weren't for me. This all changed when I decided to serve in the army. After receiving all my training, I kind of got hooked on the feeling of having a gun.

While I did have an assault rifle when I was serving, as of right now all I have is shotguns and pistols.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent