The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 1, 2005, 09:58 PM   #1
timothy75

Need support in buying itailin guns!

Tell me it doesnt matter where a gun comes from I can still enjoy it! Even Evil Roy shoots an itailin gun right? Besides we're not all that hot anymore have you seen the pictures of the staffs of our gun companies? You got tatooed 20 year olds making guns here. Even a Colt isnt a real Colt anymore right? I'm sure those Itailins are old fashioned folks with strong morals and ethics making guns the old fashioned way right? If I could just get over this only buy American thing I have I'd probably buy 20 guns in the next year!
Old July 1, 2005, 10:33 PM   #2
zrifleman

I guess I don't have to tell you that Pedersoli makes some very fine replicas at half the price of their American counterparts. For those on a limited budget, it's just the ticket. Don't get me wrong--I'm still partial to the USA made guns. Better to be shooting with the rest of us, than to be on the sidelines wishing you could afford to.
Old July 2, 2005, 05:55 AM   #3
Jim Watson

I got no problem with Eyetalian guns. Or Kraut, Limey, Mex, or Jap.

I draw the line at directly supporting the arms industry of the Peoples Republic of (Communist) China, though. No "Norks" in this house.
Old August 16, 2005, 10:11 PM   #4
torpedomanusn

i was in the italian gun making area in the 60's they were using the old machinery from colt and remington to make the guns my only regret is that i didn't buy a dozen of them then