The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old February 8, 2013, 11:14 PM   #1
Colorado Redneck

This is a different look at the Consititution

http://www.steamboattoday.com/news/2...ird-amendment/

“No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.”

The 3rd ammendment. Read the letter for a different look at the ammendments and in particular the 2nd and 3rd.
Old February 8, 2013, 11:30 PM   #2
speedrrracer

The author of that article is wildly out of touch with reality, not to mention modern jurisprudence.

He appears to be an anti-gunner all bent out of shape because his beloved assault weapons ban is DOA, and he thinks we therefore get .50 cal weapons and fully-automatic uzis. I suppose he'll be happy to find out he's wrong.

Why you would post such crap is a mystery.
Old February 8, 2013, 11:44 PM   #3
Colorado Redneck

If you are all bent out of shape yourself, maybe there is some validity in this letter? I know this forum is all about guns. So am I. But in the context of discussion with intelligent intent, why does the fact that someone that might think differently than you get you so wound tight?
Old February 9, 2013, 12:11 AM   #4
Frank Ettin
Staff

It appears that the author of the letter was trying his hand at satire. I guess he was trying to show that the Second Amendment is outdated, just as he's suggesting that the Third Amendment is outdated.

In any case, he's no Jonathan Swift and should probably at least give up satire for Lent, if not permanently.

He's also wrong about the Second Amendment, but we already know that.

Nothing here worth talking about.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread