The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old April 4, 2020, 08:50 AM   #51
Jim Watson

The alternative would have been to stay .32, probably a reline if the inside was as rough as the outside, a centerfire firing pin, and a good deal of caution loading.
Old April 4, 2020, 02:02 PM   #52
TruthTellers

The .32 has more going for it tho, could load with black powder subs like Triple 7, easy cleaning, but good velocity and accuracy.

The centerfire pin would have been a challenge, but a worthy one IMO. I'm not a fan of single shot .22's, just my personal opinion, but like I said he did a good job.
Old April 5, 2020, 06:11 PM   #53
SGW Gunsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthTellers View Post
The .32 has more going for it tho, could load with black powder subs like Triple 7, easy cleaning, but good velocity and accuracy.

The centerfire pin would have been a challenge, but a worthy one IMO. I'm not a fan of single shot .22's, just my personal opinion, but like I said he did a good job.
Yup, and made quite a few fans/owners of those Favorite rifles, and other versions happy, when accuracy was re-inserted! They couldn't hit a barn from the inside when the original bore was rotted away from using Lesmok .22 rimfire ammunition.
Nobodies leg was twisted, and they all came to me to have the work done, after a lengthy discussion on what was involved. Happy customer......all that matters.

NO REGERTS!
Old April 7, 2020, 12:52 PM   #54
Grant 14

SGW, I sent you a PM about parts for my Favorite. Thanks, Grant.
Old April 7, 2020, 01:04 PM   #55
SGW Gunsmith

Got it. The parts you are in need of are found quite often on either ebay, or gunbroker. Prices do vary depending on condition. I don't have any duplicates or extras for sale at this time.
Old April 7, 2020, 06:13 PM   #56
Grant 14

Thanks anyway. I have to laugh since I sold a 25 Stevens Favorite for less than what people are asking for a breach block. Of course that was ten years ago and I was tired of paying $2 or $3 a round at gun shows. Oh Well, I will run across parts one of these days. I check ebay , but not often. Thanks again. Grant.