The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 27, 2020, 05:49 PM   #1
Smokescreens

mark 7 decap sensor body broke.

i accidentally bumped the optical decap sence and cracked the body at the mounting bolt. its the older 3d printed body one. i guess they have them out of machined delrin now for strength so thats good. but my sensor is fine all i need is the body and im not feeling spending $200 on the sensor. i have a 3d printer and spent a few hours trying to copy the main section and im test printing it now but if i cant get it all figured out does anyone have a stl. file allready made up for them?
Old July 27, 2020, 08:25 PM   #2
Smokescreens

never mind on a backup plan. new part fits the sensor like a glove. reprinting it with more infill for strength and added some fit and finish to it.

i do still need to put it on my press and make sure the hole for the primers is perfect but the holes seam to line up perfect anyway.
Old July 28, 2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Smokescreens

i test fit my reproduction part on my 1050 this morning and im very happy with how everything fits and lines up. i uploaded the file to thingiverse if anyone has a 3d printer and needs to make a replacement body. if you dont have a printer but want a backup body or need a replacement let me know and i will print you one out.