The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 8, 2008, 09:46 PM   #1
BerettaFox

Lee Classic 4 Hole Auto Indexer

So I think I posted something on another thread about my indexer not working. Or maybe I didn't. At any rate, some people were telling others on another thread that the indexing rod and plastic jigger needed to be cleaned with gun scrubber. Which I did and didn't work.

So I got to screwing around with it and discovered putting a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the auto indexing deal made it work right and rotate like it was supposed to for about 20 rounds worth of 1/4 turns. So I figured the oil was too thin, and that something else needed to be done for a long term solution... So I got some white lithium grease and put that junk on there. Works perfectly every time. YES.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:07 PM   #2
rwilson452

If you have any more troubles try these people

http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/forums/

Yes, they have forums for the turret press too.

Quote:
Lee Classic 4 Hole Auto Indexer
So I think I posted something on another thread about my indexer not working. Or maybe I didn't. At any rate, some people were telling others on another thread that the indexing rod and plastic jigger needed to be cleaned with gun scrubber. Which I did and didn't work.

So I got to screwing around with it and discovered putting a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the auto indexing deal made it work right and rotate like it was supposed to for about 20 rounds worth of 1/4 turns. So I figured the oil was too thin, and that something else needed to be done for a long term solution... So I got some white lithium grease and put that junk on there. Works perfectly every time. YES.