The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old December 3, 2005, 12:15 AM   #26
BatmanX

Quote:
Yes, it has been over 25 years since I have seen State Trooper lights behind me and I travel over 150 miles a DAY on business. You need to get out a bit more yourself and realize that you and your patrol car are not the center of everyone's world.
I just find it hard to believe you drive 150 milse a day and have never seen someone pulled over and the cop has their lights on.

Like I said, do what you want, but educate yourself.

Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
CZ SP01

Current Ownage:
CZ-P01
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Stoeger 2000 (black syn.) 26"
Winchester Model 97 12 gauge FULL
Marlin Firearms Model 60 22LR
Old December 3, 2005, 12:34 AM   #27
XavierBreath

Quote:
I just find it hard to believe you drive 150 milse a day and have never seen someone pulled over and the cop has their lights on.
That, sir, is not what I said. I said it has been 25 years since a State Trooper pulled ME over.

I do not study the hue of flashing lights as I continue to drive past a traffic stop. Perhaps you do. I suspect you do, as it seems to be very important to you. Other citizens have more important things to do than memorize various law enforcement agencies choices of colors for their flashy lights.

Even at that, any light bar that sits atop a police cruiser can be purchased. Any strobe that fits behind a grill can be purchased. Law enforcement does not have control of who buys these things. Almost every month I get another catalog from Galls who sells these. I am sure there are others. How about these? Or these?

If you desire to enter law enforcement to contribute to society rather than be a corrupt leech, then it would behoove you to try to understand the position of the civilian. Otherwise, you are just a thug with a badge.
Old December 3, 2005, 11:17 AM   #28
p99guy

Another thing too is license plate type...here in Texas, any city/county/state
owned vehicle is normally going to have "exempt" license plates whether it has a light bar or not...If I see dash light and just see a regular texas license plate, they can kiss my trailing end. And I will get on the cell phone to 911 to report the situation to see if they do belong to anybody. but stop...no way till a marked unit can meet up, or we go straight to a substation....if it dont look right it probley isnt.
Old December 3, 2005, 01:26 PM   #29
Eghad

I dont think FBI, DEA and BATF agents make routine traffic stops?

Here in Texas a local PD uses red and blue with a yellow light in the middle, the yellow in the middle may be optional?

The drivers manual for the state of Texas says flashing red lights....

If the driver is unsure of an unmarked unit thay should probably call 911 and give thier location to the dispatch and they will probably get an answer shortly.

NRA Life Member
Old December 3, 2005, 08:30 PM   #30
BatmanX

Quote:
If you desire to enter law enforcement to contribute to society rather than be a corrupt leech, then it would behoove you to try to understand the position of the civilian. Otherwise, you are just a thug with a badge.
Instead of being an ignorant ass, you could educate yourself.
Here:
http://www.lsp.org/index.html
That will give you info about the state cars.

Quote:
In fact, the last time I saw State Trooper lights in my rear view was over 25 years ago. They used to be red back then, I have no idea what they are now. I think they were blue for a while. The city police lit me up a year or so ago, but I can't recall what it looked like other than blue. The Parish Sheriff has never pulled me over, so I don't know if his are red or blue or what.
And here:
http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/sea...gency+vehicles

Never once did I mention about you traveling through MY area - yet once you saw that I was taking part in LE training you attacked me. This is why lines are drawn between the community and LE. Get a grip.

Like I said, use common sense.

Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
CZ SP01

Current Ownage:
CZ-P01
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Old December 3, 2005, 08:38 PM   #31
XavierBreath

Quote:
Instead of being an ignorant ass, you could educate yourself.
Instead of continuing, I am putting you on ignore. Have a nice day.
Old December 5, 2005, 10:21 AM   #32
BatmanX

Quote:
Instead of continuing, I am putting you on ignore. Have a nice day.
Ignorance is bliss.

Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
CZ SP01

Current Ownage:
CZ-P01
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Old December 5, 2005, 11:15 AM   #33
Pistolenschutze

Quote:
Originally Posted by springmom
As a woman, there is no way I would stop if the car behind me were not VERY CLEARLY a police vehicle, except in a well-lit, busy place.
A very wise precaution indeed. Better cynical and safe than trusting and attacked.
Old December 5, 2005, 11:44 AM   #34
DimitriS

Sometimes cops use certian colors to mark off the "unmarked" Patrol cars.

Here in Ontario I see that the majority of unmarked cars are almost a dark purple that are on the streets. And they have a dull white/gray markings on them with the normal police markings that you cant see from farther away but you can notice them up close.

So when your looking at one flashing there lights at you up close to pull you over you can normally see that they are cops.

Dimitri

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Firing Line ID 30083
Closed Thread