The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 12, 2018, 06:33 PM   #26
Brutus

G26 I'm not following your train of thought. The only "trick" I know of in reloading is to find the load your particular firearm performs the best with, which to me is the ultimate goal. In addition I want to find more than just one load. For example in .44 mag I want a load that will provide a one shot kill on a game animal but at the same time I want a load that's going to provide accuracy and enjoyment at the target range. That's what I love about the reloading hobby. By the way, I find that at the range you can always tell who the single stage reloader is. They shoot slow and deliberate because it took so much time to reload the batch of rounds their shooting, unlike the commercial or progressive shooters who go through a 100 rounds in ten minutes.
Old November 12, 2018, 07:44 PM   #27
rodfac

I only shoot my own reloads and do not reload for others. Nor do I allow others, outside of immediate family, to use my equipment, for the same liability issues. Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend what it stands for or get the hell out. Our Freedoms are not free, they've been paid for many times over by heros in uniform. Far better men than I, died that we could be FREE.

USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, An Loc, lll Corps, RVN, 69-70, Vietnam Vet '69-'73
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #28
TailGator

When I take a new shooter to the range, I let them use my pistols and my ammo the first time or two. After that, they need to decide whether they are interested enough in continuing to make the investment. There are no other situations under which I will reload for someone else.