The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 8, 2018, 11:22 AM   #1
bp22

question about ruger security9

do any of you shooters have shooting imfo on the ruger security9, have heard some pretty good stuff. thanks
Old November 10, 2018, 10:53 AM   #2
MandolinMan

I've handled one at my LGS and wasn't impressed. You might check out this review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66BXZ80ZjE .
" The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper
Old November 10, 2018, 11:06 AM   #3
K_Mac

I have no firsthand experience.

I am a Ruger fan and have also heard good things, but for the money the SR series is my choice.
Old November 10, 2018, 10:56 PM   #4
Buckeye!

I owned one .. when they first rolled out .. Nice pistol , Glock 19 size and weight, good trigger , I liked the trigger .... But after 250 + rounds of various weights and brands of FMJ .. I really wasn't accurate with tbe pistol .. Seemed it liked 115gr Winchester FMJ best .. but I still couldn't dial it in .. My buddy has it now .. He likes it alot ... He runs 147gr through it ...
It could have been me , he seems to do better with than me ....
Old November 11, 2018, 09:06 PM   #5
Carl the Floor Walker

Personally, I would advise taking the Ruger SR9 and break it down and break down the Security 9. Now look at all the Steel in the Chassis, then compare. What gun do you think will last much longer and built so much better?

Now compare prices. Then shoot both. I doubt the Security 9 will be as accurate are as mild shooting as the SR9 series.

Red marks steel inserts.

courtesy Gunsumer reports

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; November 12, 2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old November 11, 2018, 11:29 PM   #6
Carl the Floor Walker

Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErtczEVniA