The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 16, 2020, 08:28 AM   #1
gbclarkson

Shout out to Kel-Tec customer service

My P32 that I purchased 20ish years ago was experiencing frequent failure-to-feed malfunctions with all magazines and several brands of FMJ. So, I sent it to Kel-Tec for service. Their warranty policy states that I must prove that I am the original owner with either the sales receipt or the form 4473 to qualify for warranty services. I could not find the transaction receipt. They serviced it anyway at no charge to me, except shipping. It's on its way back.
Old March 16, 2020, 08:46 AM   #2
Carl the Floor Walker

Bravo to Keltec. That is great customer service. Just curious, was there anything you could have done on your own? How often did you change recoil springs. Was ammo stored in you mags?
I have a old LCP Gen 2. I have kept it loaded for years as a truck gun so to speak. I took it out yesterday and the magazine spring which was loaded had worn down so far it was ridiculous.
Ordered new mag springs from Wolff. Already have about 7 or 8 new recoil springs, I never used since moving to other pocket guns.

PS it was one of the Italian made mags which are the best I had seen for the LCP at the time. Much better than the American made.
Old March 16, 2020, 12:08 PM   #3
gbclarkson

I changed the recoil spring just a few months ago when I replaced the broken guide rod. The misfeed problem seemed worse with the new spring. I left one magazine loaded occasionally, during the summer when the P32 was my carry pistol.
Old March 16, 2020, 01:48 PM   #4
obiwan1

In the past I had trouble with my low 5digit P11. They rebuilt the gun completely at no cost to me, including shipping. No complaints with their customer service.
Old March 16, 2020, 04:14 PM   #5
JERRYS.

for as low budget blah blah blah they are, they build a descent gun and have good customer service.
Old March 16, 2020, 05:14 PM   #6
smee78

That's good to hear, glad they took care of ya.
Old March 17, 2020, 10:56 PM   #7
Prof Young

Used Kel Tec P3AT

I bought a used Kel Tec P3AT and it had frequent fail to eject issues. Sent it into Kel Tec (I think I paid the shipping) and it came back working flawlessly. It is a frequent pocket gun for me now.

Their customer service is good.

Prof Young
Old March 18, 2020, 04:17 PM   #8
dgludwig

Shipping firearms is an expensive proposition. Kudos to Kel-Tec for fixing the gun but really good customer service includes paying for shipping both there and back-Ruger and Smith & Wesson are two companies known for this cost-saving practice.
Old March 18, 2020, 05:39 PM   #9
JERRYS.

a P32 has come to me recently and I've become quite smitten with it. I had one years ago even the p3at, but got rid of them because I didn't think they would stay in the game long enough or have a good track record-I was wrong. I've taken the laserlyte side mount laser off of mine, installed a belt clip and steel guide rod, and have a 10 round mag coming just because. it is not my only gun, unless you mean checking the mail or shoveling dog crap in the yard.... but it is a nice onion field gun or a third gun.

Last edited by JERRYS.; March 18, 2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old March 18, 2020, 05:58 PM   #10
Brit

We had two friends visit from northern Georgia. The Husband had a Kel Tec 9mm pistol. Not sure of the model, but lots of problems. I asked if he left it, would they send it back? No problem. Two weeks later, a new one came perfect.
Old March 18, 2020, 08:33 PM   #11
kenny53

I bought my used Sub 2000 1st gen. at a gun show. It was not working very well, pretty much a piece of crap. I called Kel Tec told them about my gun and I was not the original owner. They had me send it in. About the only part they used from the gun I sent was the serial number. Very happy, Kel Tec is underrated quality weapon