The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 16, 2020, 03:01 PM   #51
AgedWarrior

A lot of different replies here. I would suggest finding the gun you like the best and go for it; enjoy it and maintain it and you will get reasonable return. I have turned a couple polymer guns after shooting them for a while and gotten very good return because I take good care of my firearms. My carry guns show holster wear after a fashion, but otherwise they too are well kept. I have done the same sort of things with some guns over the years as you; I buy em, shoot em, develop loads for em, and then sometimes sell them to buy something else I want to enjoy. I get my moneys worth and lots of fun.
Old March 16, 2020, 04:06 PM   #52
Ingramite

When you cut through all of the usual rip-rap of helpful suggestions you are only left with one choice for an "investment quality" 9mm handgun
See this link to learn all about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUAnn9a7n6Y

Truly Rolls Royce quality and collect ability.
Old March 17, 2020, 07:05 PM   #53
Cheapshooter

Quote:
"investment quality"
probably wouldn't be something that is way over priced to begin with, and needs the recoil spring changed with the regularity of the Charmin bear's underwear. Considering the OP is also interested in a useable firearm you have to wonder how much support owners get from Remington. At least Wolff carries the springs that are needed if you do spend some time on the range with it. Investment wise, it's probably not going to make much, but as a collector piece it probably won't go down either.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old March 18, 2020, 12:42 AM   #54
stinkeypete

"Rolls Royce Quality"...
A friend of mine has a rolls... and... any Toyota puts it to shame. Putting walnut on the dashboard is nice but doesn't make it more reliable.