The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old December 29, 2017, 12:00 AM   #1
TruthTellers

Thoughts on OTF knives?

The urge has hit me, I feel like a Vulcan going through Pon Farr and I need an Out The Front knife. There are a few choices out there, but so many of them are in the hundreds of dollars... I can't justify that expense. All OTF knives are going to have play in the blade and for that price, they're more for collecting that using.

I like to use my knives, especially when I do my EDC's. I'm not going to use them for heavy use, just light duty and general cutting tasks. I don't think one needs to spend 300 bucks on a knife to do that.

I've come across the Schrade Viper as a viable OTF knife that interests me. It's under 75 bucks and I like the way it deploys. I also like that it has a mechanical lock so it doesn't deploy in a pocket, which is something not all OTF's have.

That's the OTF knife I'm most interested in, but I'd like to hear what others think about OTF's and if there are any other sub $100 OTF knives that I'm not seeing.
Old December 29, 2017, 06:16 AM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, but all posts must be gun related..

There are a lot of knife forums on the web. I suggest you try your luck on one of those.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread