The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 22, 2006, 01:53 PM   #1
JackB03

Scenario What-to-Do!

Hey everyone. Im new to the forum but I was really liking some of these topics so I thought I'd make my own and see what comes out of it. Im only 21, so dont give me a hard time.

Scenario WHAT-TO-DO!

Say you are at the movie theatre and you left to go to the bathroom. You get done but here a huge rumble. So you exit the restroom and you look to the right, then left down the hallways to the other theatres but dont here anything. Then you hear a gun fire and loud screaming. You turn around and notice a couple of people running your way. They stop and tell you that someone has bomb that side of the theatre. And now they are keeping some people hostage and wanting to lock the whole place down. You turn around the 3 guys with guns are locking the place with bombs that will trigger if opened. So now you cant run the other way. WHAT DO YOU DO?

Now here is the briefing from the victim:
1. There are about 8-10 guys with automatic weapons
2. You have a Colt .45 in your chest holster with 2 mags and 1 already in.
3. The area which is being locked down has about 30 hostages.
4. There is a concession stand by the screen and 2 restrooms in the "RED" Zone
5. Your wife is still in the theatre in the "safe" zone.
6. In the theatres, it is stadium seating that leads to the second level of the Movie Place.
7. There are exits on the first and second, but first floor a defenitely locked down.

*It maybe a bit extreme for some, but this has happened in a small town before.*

In a couple of days, Ill tell you what the guy did.

____Hope Yall Like It______
_

*----Jack Bonner
Old March 22, 2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Avizpls

go in, get wife, leave via second floor.

A hero I am not. Not in this case anyways
Old March 22, 2006, 02:23 PM   #3
HangFire83

Call MacGyver!!! He'll know what to do.

In all seriousness....You are WAY out gunned. Try to keep calm and wait for the calvary. If the BGs see you trying to be John Wayne you will be the first hostage executed, or even worse, they kill your wife/significant other/child, to show you they mean business. Stay sharp but not overly active.

Now here's what I'd like to do. Wait untill a group of the BGs gather near one of the exits with explosives attached to it. Pull my gun...bust off a 50 yard shot across the movie theater into the explosives, causing an explosion (obviously) killing the group of BGs and opening the exit. The BGs out securing the rest of the theater would take a second to respond, while in the mean time, the hostages could get out and the swat team could get in. I am the hero. Yay.

And then I'd wake up.

Jeff Cooper.
Old March 22, 2006, 02:24 PM   #4
azredhawk44

8-10 guys can't lock down an AMC/Harkins 24 theater multiplex.

Each theater has 2 emergency exits, and the lobbby is massive. It would take at least 3 guys, probably 6, to effectively hold the lobby against the 1000+ people in the theater.

I'd grab my significant other, head for a theater emergency exit, lock and load while coming out and hoping that there isn't a gunman at my door. Since they have 4 walls of a building the size of a small football stadium to secure, chances are the remaining 5 or so guys ain't gonna be near my door.

It would take at least 20 attackers to secure 1000+ hostages in a movie theater situation.
Old March 22, 2006, 02:38 PM   #5
ChrisJ

Roll on the floor making an adhoc ghille suit out of popcorn and twizzlers then snipe the bad guys with impunity. After they are eliminated collect the wife, sign a book deal and movie contract. Move to Palm Beach and start a Mall Ninja Academy.

Real life - run like heck to wife, run like heck out the 2nd story exit (while cursing my wife's fancy shoes), then sign up for Netflix.

- Chris

My most trusted tactical equipment:

New Balance model 715 / 10.5 / Double Knot
Old March 22, 2006, 02:40 PM   #6
SW_fan

grab wife, haul ass !!!!

don't even draw your gun, then you are an instant target.

run
Closed Thread