The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 16, 2015, 11:51 AM   #1
smee78

Stamp return time?

So what does everyone seem to be seeing as far as return time? My paperwork was completed on 22 Aug but it still has not made it back to my dealer. I was just curious if there was an average.
Old September 16, 2015, 03:49 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Expect six months, be happy when it's five.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old September 16, 2015, 06:06 PM   #3
smee78

It has already been 5 months to get it stamped, it is approved and it just has to be mailed back. I wanted to know how long it is taking to get it mailed back after it has been approved. Most people are saying it is taking about 4-5 months for the whole process.
Old September 16, 2015, 09:16 PM   #4
Deja vu

mine took about 3 weeks for them to mail it to me.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old September 17, 2015, 06:50 PM   #5
OcSpeed

just received a stamp, took them about 4 weeks to get it mailed, after approval. Over six months all together.
Old September 17, 2015, 06:57 PM   #6
smee78

Thanks yall for the update, I was hoping it would not take a month to put a stamp on a piece of paper and send it back but I guess it is just another slow cog in a process that is outdated. Thanks again.
Old September 18, 2015, 12:14 PM   #7
precision_shooter

How long it takes is all subjective to your "region" (group of states as determined by the ATF), how many submissions they receive from that region, and how many agents they have to work that region...
In my region, I submitted an Eform 1 on 6/18 and its still in submitted/in process status.
Other regions are getting them back in as little as 45 days...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old September 25, 2015, 05:26 PM   #8
Arizona Fusilier

It has been a loooonnng time since I did it......

But both my tax-stamp transactions took a total of two months, max.

Yes, I was told I was lucky.
Old September 26, 2015, 08:41 AM   #9
smee78

Wow that was fast, congrats. My paperwork has already been approved and I am still waiting on it to be set back to my dealer. I has been stamped approved now for over a month.
Old October 7, 2015, 07:50 PM   #10
smee78

Well it took a month from the time it was stamped to the time it arrived to my dealer but it finally arrived.
Old October 7, 2015, 08:27 PM   #11
dogtown tom

Received an approved Form 4 on Saturday 10/3.
it was mailed to ATF on June 9th.

Less than four months.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old October 9, 2015, 12:27 PM   #12
precision_shooter

I'm 113 days in on a Eform 1... And waiting...

Seems eforms are taking right at 4 months...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old October 14, 2015, 09:20 PM   #13
Cowboy

We are currently seeing about 5-6 months on average at our business, which is down from the 10-12 months we were seeing about a year ago.