The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 10, 2002, 11:22 PM   #1
APSAC

Beretta Es100

A friend of mine saw a Beretta ES100 at Walmart. It was 24" barrelled, 5 shot, $567. Does anyone know anything about these? I know nothing. There wasn't much info when I used the search function. It's not on Beretta's website. Thanks.
Old July 11, 2002, 11:11 AM   #2
Omaha-BeenGlockin

I bought one a few months ago---its the NWTF version----its been a good shooter so far-----the ES100 was sort of Beretta's version of the Benelli. They have been discontinued for a couple of years now--I think.

A couple of things that are kind of screwy with the gun are 1. The top barrel/receiver was made in Italy and the lower receiver was made in Spain. 2. The unloading procedure is weird too---instead of manually cycling the shells out--they want you to slide over the shell-stop(??) and slide them out of the magazine. Although when firing it the bolt stays open after the last shot. Manually cycling the bolt will not release shells from the magazine.
-------Metallica
Old July 13, 2002, 04:23 PM   #3
APSAC

Thanks for the info Omaha.