The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 14, 2018, 12:32 AM   #1
atm1

Aero Precision vs Noveske reciever set?

I'm looking to build a premium AR in the near future and I was wondering how do the Aero Precision receivers compare to Noveske. I like these 2 because they have the nylon tensioning screw that gets rid of the slop. I've heard nothing but good things about both companies. Is The Noveske receiver set worth the $300 compared to the $165 Aero Precision receiver set? Are there really any discernable differences in quality, fit and finish and performance?

Are there any other quality mil spec type receivers that you would recommend for a premium build? I'm looking for forged receivers.
Old June 14, 2018, 01:23 PM   #2
Liberate80

The new Aero model is awesome looking. Noveske mills out the lower to M16 specs without drilling the 3rd pin hole.

Be careful with billet uppers because not all handguards will fit due to anti-rotation features.

JP Enterprises makes some interesting stuff.
Unique-ARs
Juggernaut Tactical
Battle Arms Developement
Ascend Armory
LanTac
Sharps Bros
Spikes
Mega Arms
Seekins
Rise Armament
Rainier Arms

I mean, there is so much on the market today.

Last edited by Liberate80; June 14, 2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old June 17, 2018, 05:39 AM   #3
Mobuck

Is The Noveske receiver set worth the $300 compared to the $165 Aero Precision receiver set?
"LOGO EGO"
is expensive.
Old June 17, 2018, 10:18 PM   #4
Chainsaw.

Mobuck is kinda right, noveske is good stuff but I dont think it has anything on Aero. Plus I shoot with about half of the Aero staff, good people, help em pay their mortages.
Old June 18, 2018, 10:12 PM   #5
atm1

I'll probably go Aero since they get nothing but good reviews and the 135$ saved with that receiver set can go towards a Giessle trigger or rail.
Old June 19, 2018, 05:01 AM   #6
Nathan

The Aero M4E1 is kind of the best of both worlds. It is forged, but with some of those he best billet features.

I wouldn’t waste my money on Geissle components, but my thoughts are similar to atm1’s.

Your build purpose is unclear. For a cool range gun, or short range carbine, Anderson sets will get the job done for ~$75 total.
Old June 19, 2018, 05:27 PM   #7
atm1

My build purpose is to have a gun that is fun on the range but I can use in home defense situation. I also want it to be a nice looking gun. My budget is around $1100 but spread out over the course of a few months.
Old June 19, 2018, 06:32 PM   #8
Ledslnger

I don't know a ton about ARs. Still learning, but watched a bit about Noveske. Think he had 14 or 15 patents on AR related processes and products; before the government killed him for his 2A support. That is what the show said anyway. You never know in our world though. Think one of the processes was cryo related treatment of barrels. Pretty interesting show. Wish my memory was better. May have to try to find it to watch again. I think their barrels may be their best product though. The one I have seems to be a nice piece. Good luck with your build.
Old July 5, 2018, 11:04 PM   #9
Liberate80

$1100 budget is tight. Get an EPT lpk from palmettostatearmory, or a stainless steel anderson lpk silver color version. Geissele triggers are not worth the money, get an ALG instead, use the money for something else. Get a buffer tube made from 7075 aluminum, a wolff extra power spring, and an H2 buffer. Get a magpul CTR stock. That should take care od the lower and give you nice components.

If you want an upper already built get a hardenedarms upper with NiB bcg. You cannot build a nicer one cheaper.

If you decide to build everything, monmoithreloading/armorally has good deals on ballistic advantage barrels
Depending were your budget takes you acmemachine has great handguards for the money. Midwest Industries and Geissele make my favorite rails. Stngrusa also makesnice handguards.

Troy tritium sights are my favorite, but magpul work just fine. My new favorite cheapos are at chandlerhardwoods. Primaryarms is always having sales on scopes with mounts. PEPR mounts are great. A good optic for range and home are Bushnell, Atibal, Primary Arms, Vortex. Get one that is illuminated. 1-4 is good, 1-6 is better.

I have built a few and could answer questions if you have any.
MATT 10:34