The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 7, 2005, 11:47 PM   #1
klondike

Benelli M3 S90 Question.

Hello all - I have a few questions regarding the Benelli M3 that I wanted to clear up before purchasing. I know the firearm is a dual-operation shotgun which I find very useful (which is why I am picking it over the M1) but I read somewhere that, when you switch it to pump action and fire it, you have to switch it back to pump action again to fire it. I always thought that once you switch it to slide action that it stays locked in that operation until you switch it back to semi-auto.
If anyone has any experience with this shotgun please help me out, I would like to clear all this up before I purchase the shotgun.
Aside from that, I feel very strong about this firearm but what are some of your guy's opinions about this gun? is it worth the price?
Input will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advanced.
Old January 8, 2005, 12:43 AM   #2
nomaspescado

Hi Klondike,
You were thinking correctly to begin with..once you switch the selection lever, it stays there until you move it again.
I owned one for 4 years. If you want a do it all shotgun, then great. I even had the 26" v barrel for mine.
I sold mine because I did not want a compromise gun any longer.
It was just my opersonal choice. I now have 3 very different shotguns for different purposes.
One other thing...
The stock was way too long for my purposes and at the time (10 years ago) and there were no options as to shorten the length of pull. I've heard someone say on another forum that they have had their own M1 stock shortened by Robar ( the same people who do Glock grip reductions).
Good luck and enjoy!