The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 12, 2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Demaiter

How do comfort tech stocks hold up?

I'm looking at purchasing a m2 field but I'm unsure of how well the stock will hold up. Is it possible to cut or tear the gel pad type things? It will be a do all shotgun and will be carried through some thick cedar at times as well as rub many other branches.

Do I need to worry about anything?
Old January 12, 2010, 10:17 PM   #2
mathman

I have an M2 with the comfortech stock and I really like it. It seems durable, but I haven't had it long enough to really know for sure.

Everything is dust in the end...right? I'm pretty sure you won't have too much to worry about.
Old January 13, 2010, 12:39 PM   #3
BigJimP

I've had a SuperSport for about 4 or 5 yrs now ...with probably 5,000 shells thru it - and the comfort tech stock system, and the gel pad insert on the comb / and the gel butt pad - are all holding up fine.

Can you cut or scratch them - sure ...

My SuperSport is primarily a target gun / but I've used it to hunt pheasants, quail and doves on 5 or 6 occasions ....and no problems / but I don't abuse my equipment either. I don't see any reason to rub branches with a gun or use it as a paddle ....( that's why you have hands ..and arms ...) ....