The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 29, 2007, 09:41 PM   #1
mrawesome22

CCW Holster

I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. Is there any holster out there that will let me conceal my Sigma in the summer when I'm in a t-shirt and shorts? I'm thinking under the arm pit might be the best. But I don't want it swinging wildly under there. Do they make a tuxedo holster that has a strap that would wrap around my midsection to keep the gun from swinging?
Old April 29, 2007, 10:00 PM   #2
2afreedom

Re: Carry Holster

I carry a Glock 19 in a nylon IWB holster. I think it's an Uncle Mike's but a lot of brands are similar. When i bought it ($20) it was ambidextrous and could be used for right or left hand carry. I cut off the clip attachment (a nylon loop sewn to the side of the holster) for the left hand side, took off the removable retention strap and bam-a cheap, comfortable holster for a gun that's the same size as yours. I carry it up in front at 1 o'clock and with an untucked t-shirt you would never know it's there. I can sit and drive all day or stoop over and I don't print and I'm not uncomfortable. Another option might be a smaller gun like a Glock 26 in an ankle holster but I prefer the "Mexican" method above because it gives you quicker access to your gun and you can wear shorts if u like. Two pieces of advice: Get a holster with a metal belt clip as opposed to a plastic one and don't overpay-$25 should be your max. How do you like your Sigma? I had a friend that had one and it seemed to be a nice gun except for the trigger pull which was looooonnnnnnggg. The grip actually felt better than my G19. I think he finally bought something else to carry. It would really be interesting if S&W would make one with a decent five pound trigger. A Glock copy for less than $300 new-that would be a real hot item.
Old April 29, 2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Playboypenguin

How are you going to hide a shoulder holster under just a t-shirt much less still have it accessible?
Old April 29, 2007, 10:54 PM   #4
mrawesome22

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I figured I could just reach up under my shirt. But I guess shoulder straps would be pretty easy to see under just a t-shirt.

2afreedom, I like my Sigma a lot. I did do some trigger work to it though. Took out some springs and replaced others. The trigger pull is long, but the pull weight has been cut into less than half of factory.

In the front waistband huh. I didn't think about that. All I thought of was on the spine. Like on the beginning of Magnum P.I. LOL. That didn't seem like it could be comfortable at all.
Old April 29, 2007, 11:04 PM   #5
Thunderhawk88

Try a good IWB or strong side holster. I like Don Hume for my Sigma. Just wear your Tee a bit loose (which I usually do because of the desert heat here). Though one the temp breaks the hundred mark, I carry my Taurus 85 instead.
Old April 29, 2007, 11:25 PM   #6
2afreedom

Re: Holster

I had a shoulder holster that fits a p89. I got it with the gun and tried it on once. It was ridiculous. Hard to get on and hard to take off and does it ever scream "Hey I'm carrying a gun!!!" I am sure some of them are better than the one I had but I just can't see how it's practical. I think i sold that holster at a yard sale for a buck-the guy got ripped off.
Old April 29, 2007, 11:43 PM   #7
MDS

I'll put my 2cents in. I have a S&W Sigma. I use a Don Hume IWB. Works great. Very tight to the body, works great with tee shirts,
Old April 30, 2007, 12:10 AM   #8
mrawesome22

I just went to the Don Hume site. They don't have a IWB for the Sigma 40VE.
Old April 30, 2007, 10:15 AM   #9
MDS

It's the 715M. The drop down box, Find S&W. The one that says compact 40V
will fit.
Old April 30, 2007, 03:24 PM   #10
mrawesome22

Thanks guys. The Don Hume is on its way. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Old May 1, 2007, 09:40 AM   #11
MDS

Here you go
Old May 1, 2007, 09:42 AM   #12
MDS

Old May 1, 2007, 09:47 AM   #13
MDS

Old May 1, 2007, 01:14 PM   #14
UH1-D Rotorhead

Mitch Rosen...enuf' said.
Old May 2, 2007, 04:54 PM   #15
mrawesome22

Thanks for the pics MDS. You wear the same size pants as me so hopefully it will work. Does that chafe your hip wearing it like that? I was trying different places IWB without a holster, and just behind the hip (muzzle pointing at butt cheek) seemed the most comfortable to me, but sitting was a no go. LOL
Old May 2, 2007, 11:19 PM   #16
MDS

It's really comfortable, for me, anyway. I havn't had a problem with chafing. But, I havn;t had it in really hot weather. I think the leather will be ok.
Old May 3, 2007, 12:39 PM   #17
XD 45

I have a springfield XD .45 compact and the holster is what looks to be a service holster am Im looking for something for a CCW. Any recomendations. Nothing behind the back or midsection other than than bring them on

"In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons. - Herodotus"