The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 11, 2016, 11:58 PM   #1
snowman748

Stevens Model 67 E help!

I picked up a Stevens Model 67 E locally for about $150. It's not in perfect shape but everything seems to work and still be tight with no rust.

I'd like to put a new stock and fore end on it. I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find ANYTHING! After some research it seems that the Savage Model 67 and the Stevens Model 67 are the same gun. I found out Boyds makes a stock and fore end for the Savage Model 67. Sadly there are a TON of different options to choose from in picking the right fit (Pump Action-Tube Feed-12 gauge, Pump Action-Tube Feed-Flush Trigger Guard, Pump Action-Tube Feed-Long Tang, Pump Action-Tube Feed-Short Tang, Pump Action-Tube Feed-Top Receiver Safety, Pump Action-Tube Feed-Trigger Guard Safety), is there a way to tell which it is?

Idk which one to pick, I know it's a 12 gauge, it has a tang safety and I don't believe it has a flush trigger guard but I'm not sure. Any schematics or pages I should visit to help with this? I've tried Google several different ways.
Old March 12, 2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Orion6

I have worked on this model in the past, and truthfully, I wouldn't spend another $100 on a stock.

I don't say that to down your purchase, just that the 67 tends to break and getting them to work again is not easy. The slide lock mechanism tends to go and what you'd think would be an easy fix is not. Savage/Stevens changed some parts and dimensions over the years and they can be frustrating to work on when needed.

That said, I'd just try to strip the finish and re-finish the stocks you have. You'll save a ton of money and may be able to make them look pretty good.