The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 10, 2019, 08:17 AM   #1
chemcal

Where are all the H&Ks?

can't find a LEM any where; anyone know about this?

Last edited by chemcal; May 10, 2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old May 10, 2019, 09:37 AM   #2
Uncle Malice

What is it that you're looking for? P30's have been pretty scarce. I've heard we should start seeing them show up around June. They generally only come in once a year and John Wick kind of supercharged the demand for the P30 with no compensation in production numbers.

However, they should be around, come summer time. For a while at least.
Old May 10, 2019, 09:50 AM   #3
JDBerg

LEM trigger variants of the P30, P2000, and USP models have been special order items, a lot of dealers who may have SA/DA variants sitting in their cases might not want to be bothered with having to special order a LEM trigger variant model. How do I know this? I tried to order a P2000 with a LEM trigger from a big-box store you’ve all heard about, and I was told that if I did not like the v3 trigger, I could send it to HK and they would do the LEM conversion. Truth is, HK doesn’t do LEM trigger conversions on the P2000 or the P30 models, only the USP and the HK45. I ended up taking the v3 P2000 anyway, great gun. I actually can’t blame the counter person for trying to sell what they have in stock as opposed to having to order a different trigger variant, this is what they are trained to do.

Last edited by JDBerg; May 10, 2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:00 AM   #4
chemcal

A P2000 with a V2 LEM trigger is exactly what I'm looking for. I found one out of state for $700; it would have to be shipped to my FFL for transfer; much to high a price.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:21 AM   #5
precision_shooter

Quote:
a lot of dealers who may have SA/DA variants sitting in their cases might not want to be bothered with having to special order a LEM trigger variant model. How do I know this? I tried to order a P2000 with a LEM trigger from a big-box store you’ve all heard about, and I was told that if I did not like the v3 trigger, I could send it to HK and they would do the LEM conversion. Truth is, HK doesn’t do LEM trigger conversions on the P2000 or the P30 models, only the USP and the HK45. I ended up taking the v3 P2000 anyway, great gun. I actually can’t blame the counter person for trying to sell what they have in stock as opposed to having to order a different trigger variant, this is what they are trained to do.
I have to disagree. I don’t understand a dealer turning away business. They are going to make a profit on an in-stock pistol or ordering you what you want.
Maybe it’s just me, but if a dealer refused to order what I wanted and only wanted to sell what they have in stock, then they just lost a sale as i’d take my business to a dealer who wants it. It’s not the customers fault the dealer ordered inventory he can’t move and shouldn’t be forced to only buy what is on-hand, especially if the dealer says he can order guns...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old May 10, 2019, 01:31 PM   #6
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by precision_shooter:
I have to disagree. I don’t understand a dealer turning away business. They are going to make a profit on an in-stock pistol or ordering you what you want.

Maybe it’s just me, but if a dealer refused to order what I wanted and only wanted to sell what they have in stock, then they just lost a sale as i’d take my business to a dealer who wants it. It’s not the customers fault the dealer ordered inventory he can’t move and shouldn’t be forced to only buy what is on-hand, especially if the dealer says he can order guns...
I’m not disputing the principle of not wanting to do business with a dealer who isn’t willing to order exactly what I want even though he may have a half-dozen similar models in his case. It’s entirely your prerogative to do or not do business as you see fit.

In my own case the P2000 v3 was on sale at Cabelas at a good price so I was willing to take this SA/DA v3 version rather than pay about $150.00 more to special order a P2000 with a v2 LEM trigger.
Old May 10, 2019, 01:50 PM   #7
precision_shooter

Aha, “Cabelas”, nuff said.

They were getting bad before bass pro bought them, now I won’t even shop there because bass pro bought them...

As long as you ended up happy, that’s all that matters for you...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Last edited by precision_shooter; May 10, 2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old May 10, 2019, 01:55 PM   #8
sigarms228

HK has been very busy with filling large contracts and as such production for the retail end user market in USA is suffering. A whole bunch of P30 V3 showed up recently at online retailers but not V1 yet. Best bet is to put some notifications in for what you are looking for at some of the major online retailers like Buds and Grabagun. You can also email HK customer support and they will give you a better idea when to expect them. They have always answered any questions I ask them within a business day.

E-mail: [email protected]

Around here the gun stores don't carry very much LEM if at all as apparently they just don't see the demand for it. Probably does not help that sales clerks often do not understand LEM and don't rack the slide on LEM pistol for customer to dry fire which causes then to experience the 12LB trigger pull.

Last edited by sigarms228; May 10, 2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:56 PM   #9
FAL'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemcal View Post
A P2000 with a V2 LEM trigger is exactly what I'm looking for. I found one out of state for $700; it would have to be shipped to my FFL for transfer; much to high a price.
That's not that bad of a price really, maybe $50 to $75 higher than normal when they are plentiful.
Old May 27, 2019, 04:17 AM   #10
JDBerg

There is a nice NIB P2000SK v2 LEM for sale at my LGS, the asking price is $659.00 which isn’t bad. Once you get the hang of the long but light LEM trigger pull, these are great shooting pistols. IMHO, this one would rank high as a darn near perfect CCW!
Old May 30, 2019, 05:04 PM   #11
chemcal

Got one; and I agree!
Old May 30, 2019, 07:48 PM   #12
TunnelRat

Light LEM was all the rage on HKPro as people convinced each other that it was superior to those silly safe-action striker fired pistols. Then the VP9 came out and a bunch of people jumped on it like a hungry man on a Christmas ham. While I was never a huge fan myself, I don't really have an issue with it. It just wasn't super successful for civilian sales and I don't think it's a priority for HK to produce and sell here currently. The CBP contract was a big one though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; May 30, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:31 PM   #13
Micahweeks

I feel your pain. I recently bought an HK45c Tactical with the V7 LEM trigger. It wasn't what I was looking for originally, but I couldn't find a P30 LEM for the life of me and saw the HK45CT and just took a chance on it. Couldn't be happier, though. The gun is phenomenal, and the V7 trigger is just... so... sweet. But, yeah, I'm in the same boat as you with HK, and not just the guns. Even some parts are taking forever for dealers to restock. I've been on the waiting list for a non-threaded HK45c barrel now for quite a while with no word on when they'll finally be restocked. All you can do is wait, I guess.