The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 01:51 AM   #151
Wyldman

Quote:
P-38(for those who know)
you wouldn't be referring to the old "John Wayne" would ya?

"The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they are when you kill them."
Old May 16, 2008, 02:41 AM   #152
King Ghidora

No offense Wyldman but you weren't there and you don't know what happened. I saw bird feathers flying in all directions so I know I was scoring a direct hit. My 20 ga. has a polychoke on it so I could adjust it to be much wider than a 2 inch spread if I wanted. But the bottom line is that I don't miss what I shoot at. I've owned a new 870 for about a month now and I haven't missed one thing I've shot at. That includes beer cans flattened out by running over them with a car and they sailing them off like clays. That's what I shot at the last time I went out and I didn't miss a single time.

Maybe it's common for you to miss but it isn't for me. There's no way on earth I missed anything at 10 yards. You are assuming a lot in your post and when you ass-u-me you make an ass out of u and me.

I'll be glad to demonstrate my shooting ability on video and post it for you if you like. I will have to admit that I don't shoot as well as I did when I was younger but it was 10 years ago I shot those chickens. I can still shoot very well though and there's no chance on earth I would miss a chicken at 10 yards.

So again the problem here is that you judge others by your own ability. I've been shooting since I was 6 or 7 years old and I've been hitting what I shoot at too. The very first time I ever fired a gun it was my dad's 16 ga. 870 shooting at clays. I was either 6 or 7 I can't remember exactly. What I do remember is I hit a clay the first time I ever pulled the trigger. I've shot wrens flying through the air with a .22, I shot bats flying though the air with a .22, I've hit a leaf at 60 yards with a .25 pistol with a 2 1/2 inch barrel and I shot a pattern of about a foot with that gun at that distance, I used to shoot the bottoms out of pop bottles going through the openning on the top without hitting the top, I missed a butterfly flying through the air at about 35 yards by about half an inch with a Sig P220, the cops who taught my CCW class were flat out amazed at how well I could shoot after I put eyes a nose (two nostrils) and a smile on the target they had us shoot at. I've hit bleach jug size targets at 250 yards with a .22. I shoot my SKS at over 300 yards all the time and I shoot a pattern about a foot wide. I was by far the best shot in my college archery class with a regular $25 bow shooting against guys who had practiced for years with compound bows with sights and the whole 9 yards. They got severely ticked off at me for screwing up the grading curve. And these are just the things I think of right off. The point of all this is that I don't miss something as big as a chicken at 10 yards with a shotgun.

You don't know a thing about me sir. I can prove what I say easily with my video camera. I'll be glad to do so any time you like. I was born into a family that was extremely involved in hunting and shooting. I'm not even close to being the best shot in my family with a long gun but I'm probably the best with a handgun. The high school I went to won 4 national ROTC shooting championships and I could shoot with any of those guys any day of the week (I didn't shoot on the team because I was playing football at the time).

So how about not assuming you know something about a situation when you weren't there. And try not to judge others by your personal standards. I offered once before to show you that I don't miss and you didn't take me up on that. You just assumed you knew what happened and insulted my abilities. Why don't you take me up on my offer to prove what I say instead of assuming you know what you can't possibly know?
Old May 16, 2008, 03:06 AM   #153
King Ghidora

Well whadyaknow. Another know it all telling us all not to judge others by our own standards yet in the same post he figures he knows better than an eye witness what happened in my yard that day. Must by nice to have ESP. On the other hand it must not be nice to not have a clue what a game bird is and what they are bred to do. They are bred to survive brutal attacks by other birds. And they sometimes fight for a very long time according to what I hear (never having seen a cock fight myself I wouldn't swear to it). Yet they aren't supposed to be able to withstand a blast of birdshot. We know that humans sometimes withstand a blast of birdshot. But for some assumed reason game birds aren't supposed to be able to survive the same thing even though they are deliberately bred to endure tremendous damage and continue living.

This thread has once again displayed the arrogance of the internet expert. The guy who despite not actually witnessing an event is somehow an expert on that event doesn 't impress me in the least. I said I was surprised by it also but I am the only one who actually saw what happened. Feather flew 10 feet or more but the chickens kept on walking.

Why don't you give us all a big break and give us the lotto numbers for this week alfred? All that power concentrated in just a few people isn't fair. Share the wealth a little. I'm sure you've won the lotto many times already with your extra sensory abilities. Why not give the rest of us a chance? If you can't produce answers I'm going to have to assume your assumptions about what happened in my yard are just full of hot air.

I've got an idea. Why not buy yourself some game birds and take them out in your own yard and shoot them. After all the fact that an emu is easy to kill must prove that a game bird is easy to kill too. Assumptions always prove to be correct, right guys? Just like those people who assumed the world was flat. That worked out really well for them I suppose. They probably shot their mouths off to people about their assumptions too. And those guys who think people came from a mud hole - they're probably just as smart as you alfred. Your last name wouldn't be Neuman would it?
Old May 16, 2008, 03:42 AM   #154
alfred

To Wyldman

To Wyldman.

On the P-38 question.Yep!

To King Ghidora.

I would like to meet you sir and watch you shoot.All of my life I have heard of people who "don't miss",but I have never been able to see one shoot.I am quite sure that if you told everyone your name everyone would recognize it as it would be in all of the record books.Perfect scores are very hard to hide.I would also expect you to be a instructor on one of our national shooting teams as no one could pass up the chance for such a talent to teach others.

To be such a expert shot with such a variety of firearms is beyond the belief of many as you are the first that folks have ever heard of with such.Please forgive the unbelievers,but you must admit you are a first.It is only natural for folks to be skeptic with all of the folks who have bragged of such but could not produce.Even I with all of my searching of the records so far can find no one who shows the ability's that you have stated.I am still looking though.If you ever get in the area of Savannah Georgia,I am quite sure that many shooters would love to see you shoot.In fact,everyone that I know that has read your post about your ability's has stated the desire to watch you shoot.It would really be great to see someone do those things.Thanks,alfred
Old May 16, 2008, 03:52 AM   #155
fbrown333@suddenlink

bird/buck

Personaly I use #4 buck as was stated before if they have heavy clothing(winter) or your microwave in front of them the bird shot won't work. Now if that was all I had I would make the best of it.
Old May 16, 2008, 09:37 AM   #156
Mal H
Staff

Quote:
This thread is officially ridiculous now.
Yep. Closed.

A thanks goes to all who actually stayed on topic even at the end of this thread.
Closed Thread