The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old April 7, 2013, 11:33 PM   #1
chris in va

Rifle prices, wow

My LGS got in a whole rack of various black rifles. They have a few (ACR?) 308's and holy cow...$3300?

Now that 'assault rifles' are off the radar in congress, are people really going to pay these absurd prices or will they go down to sub-$1000 levels for the average 5.56 versions? I just can't see anyone willing to pay an extra 50% for long.
Old April 8, 2013, 12:06 AM   #2
Metal god

Most of us will not pay that kind a coin but some will . The ACRs that I've seen before the panic were all 2k plus so $3300 is high but not OMG high . My LGS had milled AKs for $1600 this week and some M&P sports with Burris red dots mounted on them for 1k . I was a little surprised at those prices . This LGS is normally the best in town . When I think about it . Nobody else has any EBRs so I guess they are still the best prices in town

Give it some time . we are starting to see them in stock and soon the prices will drop . There are still a few places like PSA that never really raised there prices . For that those places will almost exclusively get my business from this day forth . It's fuuny how some want the quick buck at the expence of there long term success . while others understand that they will make 10 times the money in the long run by being reasonable now cus we remember who charged what . I will never buy from CTD and do everything in my power never to visit there site .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .
Old April 8, 2013, 02:22 AM   #3
Dr Big Bird PhD

I think prices will go down, but the Newtown incident has sparked a whole new interest in the firearms industry. Even in California I've been waiting in line at the range.

An M&P sport will never be $600 again I'm afraid.
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor
Old April 8, 2013, 08:36 AM   #4
madcratebuilder

Your LGS is late to the party. Prices peaked a few months ago. Many shops are now back down to near pre-election price levels.
Old April 9, 2013, 07:05 AM   #5
Tangentabacus

Just the other day I was looking at rifle prices and M&P sports were $1K (!!!!!) in my area.
Old April 9, 2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Evan Thomas

Mike Irwin has started a thread in the General Discussion forum titled The "Where is everything?" thread -- guns, ammo, primers, powder, etc... That's the one, central thread where discussions of the price and availability of these things should now be taking place. Feel free to continue the conversation there.