The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 3, 2010, 08:41 AM   #1
DelcoDave

Old antique Trap Thrower

I have got an old Trap Thrower that I would like to know more about. It is cast iron and says Western Cartridge CO. East Alton ILL on the side and the handle says White flyer. Does any know about these age etc... and how much it is worth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thrower.jpg (124.8 KB, 87 views)
Old November 3, 2010, 03:15 PM   #2
jaguarxk120

Hey I've got one about the same vintage. The difference is the side to side adjustment is on the base not on the spring base.

Bought it off of ebay, was a old club trap, same brand Western. Works great, we take it to the public ranges often sometimes there is a shooter that knows what it is. I don't think you can wear it out as it's made of cast iron.

We have a Red devel and it's made of pressed sheet metal and I had to weld up the stress cracks to keep it going.

How old I'd say 40's to 50's vintage.
Old November 4, 2010, 10:02 AM   #3
DelcoDave

Yea it seems pretty indestructible. I guess its true "they don't make them like they used to". If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for yours?