The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 8, 2017, 11:21 AM   #26
joe-lumber

Take down

I have an easier time taking down the R51 than the older 51. Maybe it is because the parts are larger on the R51 and after all of these years Remington made it easier. On the R51 I just have to remember to place the magazine release under the spring. I will also say the R51 Series 2, I have not had a problems with it and I am very accurate with it. Because of previous 51's that I have had and had problems with them firing over 3 shots until it jammed there is not as much confidence in it and I hate the safety on the older 51. But I also missed bidding last week on a 51 on Broker as I had to be away from my computer that went for about $376.00 that I missed out on. I see others on Broker that are in the price range of $700-$1300 each.