The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old December 17, 2002, 05:44 PM   #1
sanchezero

has anyone been to blackwater/storm mountain?

I've seen tons of reviews for Thunder Ranch, Frontsight, and lots of info on individuals like Suarez and Farnham. I haven't seen anything substantial written about Blackwater or Storm Mountain.

I'm close to both and would love for one of you guys to post one of those detailed Thunder Ranch type reviews . That'd be great but I understand the hassle involved, so even a thumbnail sketch would be cool.

I'm looking at their 5 day handgun stuff (altho SM's High Risk class looks REALLY cool), but I'm interested in anything there is to be said about the staff, facilities and types of training.

Thanks all

Old December 19, 2002, 11:10 AM   #2
Bob Locke

Can only comment on the facilities, having shot a large-scale (15 stages) IDPA match there a couple of years ago.

FANTASTIC is the word that comes to mind immediately.

Several shoot houses, pneumatic and falling plates, a "street" with a couple of single and two story "buildings". It was an absolute BLAST to shoot there.

If the instructors live up to the surroundings, then it would be a first-class deal all the way.
Old December 19, 2002, 11:14 AM   #3
Kirk Keller

Blackwater is about as good as it gets.