The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 21, 2011, 10:58 AM   #26
tazbigdog

Great to hear about your bad luck turned good luck. Hope they throw the book to him!
Old August 21, 2011, 08:57 PM   #27
Deaf Smith

Well Mleake,

All I can say is I've had a bicycle stolen before and they sure didn't take my DNA nor fingerprints. And I sure don't hear of anyone getting their car stolen around here and having anything else done like that. Same goes for ballistics. But then that's Texas, and not where this happened.

Deaf
Old August 21, 2011, 09:03 PM   #28
MLeake

Well Deaf, a stolen bicycle usually isn't the object of concern for LE that a stolen rifle would be. Stolen bicycles are rarely used to rob, rape, assault, or murder. LE will not typically dust if, say, a laptop and camera are stolen from a burglarized home. I know that, firsthand.

I also know the investigating officer's very first question to my wife was, "Were any guns stolen?"

When she said no, they were in the safe, the officer was very relieved, and the investigation went back to routine mode.

Local paper had an article today about a stolen gun having been used in a rape attempt, BTW. Rapist failed in the attempt, and was arrested. Gun turned out to have been stolen from a local car last week...

Edit: Thought I should provide the link; took a while to find it, which surprised me, because it ran in yesterday's paper. http://www.ajc.com/news/athens-cops-...xtype=rss_news

Last edited by MLeake; August 21, 2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old August 21, 2011, 09:05 PM   #29
Doublea A

You must be one fortunate veteran. The chances of another incidence like yours ending the same way is very slim. I'm glad you will be able to recover all your possessions. I hope he gets the maximum imprisonment.
Old August 21, 2011, 09:21 PM   #30
Pbearperry

Just don't be surprised if you never get any real Justice.As far as I am concerned,the Justice system is completely broken.
Old August 21, 2011, 09:27 PM   #31
Achilles11B

Thanks to everyone for the support. Pbearperry, Missouri is usually pretty conservative and as such definitely frowns on people stealing things from someone else's place. Time will tell, I look forward to attending the trial.

Doublea A, I am a very fortunate veteran, I know I am in the minority on this one. Luck had more to do with this than anything else, but like my dad says, I'd rather be lucky than good any day.