The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 9, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1
MB21

Nikon P223 with MBUS?

I am getting a Nikon P-223 scope soon, and I already have MBUS on my setup. The glass I currently have is a NCstar 4x scope - the MBUS does fit underneath. My question is, will the MBUS fit under my P-223?
Old December 10, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2
bman940

P-223

You didn't say which Nikon P-Series scope you are going to get. It is my feeling that your BUIS system will not fir under this scope. Especially if you have your old 4X scope mounted in their triple threat mount which gives significantly more scope clearance then normal rings. Post a pic when you get it installed either way showing if does or does not fit. Many gut's want to keep their BUIS on their rifle and finding a mount that will work can be difficult and expensive, especially if you go with a QD mount which only makes sense.
Old December 14, 2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Marquezj16

If by MBUS you are referring to Magpul then using extra high rings should clear it.

I have an MBUS under a 3-9x40 scope mounted on a Leupold Rifleman see through rings on my M&P 15-22.

I also have a Troy BUIS under a Nikon M223 1-4x scope mounted on a M223 mount on my M&P 15 OR,

Picture below.

Old December 15, 2012, 01:18 PM   #4
bman940

back ups

I refer to any back up non-glass sight as Back Up Iron Sight ( BUIS) .
I know some guy's like to leave these on for just in case moments . My only concern is that without QD mounts in place, what are you going to do. I've used the Larue QD mounts and been impressed with how much accuracy the have when you return the scope tot he rifles exact same location.
They are pricey though!
Old December 18, 2012, 12:44 PM   #5
loose_holster_dan

the gen 2 mbus from magpul is lower. i had to switch to them to fit under my scope.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."