The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 15, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1
45Kimber

Sig P250 sc 40 S&W or Glock 27

Hy Guy,
I need an off duty gun so I'm looking for opinions.
We aren't on "Glock forum" so I 'll appreciate your indipendent point of view!
Thanks and Best Regards
Old February 15, 2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Mrgunsngear

What is your duty gun?

Do you prefer a heavy DA pull?
Old February 15, 2013, 09:59 AM   #3
EMH

The SIG P250 has a very nice trigger for a DA, imo.
Granted it is considered a "long" trigger pull, but it is by no means heavy or stiff.
In fact, it feels quite nice and easy to pull back and shoot. It breaks clean every time with ease. It is a smooth, crisp breaking DA pull, but it is a long pull, if that makes sense at all.

Personally, I don't like the Glock 23 or Glock 27 in 40 S&W.
It get the trigger "bite" every time I pull the trigger.
Old February 15, 2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Technosavant

I have the P250 in all three sizes in 9mm. Glocks are good guns, but I prefer the P250.

Hard to go wrong with either. Glock mags will be cheaper, the Sig is likely to come with better sights (actual night sights are available as opposed to coming with cheap plastic ones).
Old February 15, 2013, 07:11 PM   #5
JAREDSHS

I have a mp 40c I also have had several glocks including a 27.I find that the compact 40c to be every bit as good as the 27., and has some features that are better than the 27 such as steel sights and a steel guide rod. the m&p 40c is about the same size and weight as the g27. I pocket carry my 40c.
Old February 16, 2013, 08:22 AM   #6
chaim

Even if the price was equal I would pick the SIG over the Glock any day, and the P250 is usually 10-20% less than a comparable Glock. I don't like the springy feel of the Glock's striker fired trigger pull. The SIG does have a long pull, and it is DAO, but it is fairly light and buttery smooth. Since I shoot DA revolvers, I find it to be a very nice trigger.

Both should be reliable, accurate guns. Check them out at the gun store (or better, rent one at a gun range) and see which trigger and grip angle feels better to you. But, my choice was the SIG. I have a .45ACP SIG 250 Compact on layaway (I should pay it off when I get paid next week), and I plan to also buy the kit to convert it to a subcompact in either .40S&W or .357SIG (the modular aspect is another big advantage to me for the P250).
Old February 16, 2013, 10:38 AM   #7
weldonjr2001

I have both, and carry them about equally. But the G27 is a little easier to shoot accurately at distance. The long double action on the P250SC is smooth, but takes practice.

If it had been available at the time I got it, I'd have gotten the larger grip frame version of the P250SC. The original small grip is a little too small for me, and my thumb is always searching for a place so as not to interfere with the slide release or the magazine release.

On the G27, the Pierce +1 mag base plate gives me a nice grip.

Where the P250SC shines in the comfort depaetment for me is with the compact magazine and the x-grip adapter. Increases the capacity by 3, and gets all my fingers on the grip. Really feels good.

They are both great little .40's.