The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 6, 2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Yoosta B. Blue

Feeling very fortunate

I recently saw a former coworker at a place I used to work. He used to reload a lot (but no longer does) and said that he had some reloading stuff that he wanted to get rid of. We picked a time for me to go by his place and have a look. I went and looked, we discussed what he wanted for it all, and I came home with a boatload of stuff.

I'll not say what I gave for all the items, only that it was even less than you would expect to pay just for the bullets alone. Since acquiring these items, I have traded some of it for some reloading equipment that I needed. I can still hardly believe that I got all this for such a price. Here's a photo I took that shows most of it, but some items are not in the photo.

http://www.freshonmymind.com/gunpowders/gunpowders.jpg

I am delighted to have gotten load data from Hodgdon support that allows me to use HS-6 for the three calibers that I enjoy loading: .38 spec/.357 mag and .45 ACP, for I now have enough HS-6 to last me quite a while. I think the old saying "in the right place at the right time" definitely came true for me in this case...

Yoosta B. Blue
Old April 6, 2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Sevens

Man, that's a lot of powder you've got there.
Did the fellow have any primers? Seems like a supply of primers would fit right in there given how much powder he had. Sheesh!
Old April 6, 2008, 08:07 PM   #3
Yoosta B. Blue

No, no primers at all in the original deal, with the exception of some .38 and .357 cases already primed, which are not in that photo. But in the trades that I've since made, I've obtained a bunch of primers. If another trade of powder for primers comes along, I'll sure consider doing it.

YBB
Old April 6, 2008, 09:01 PM   #4
mrawesome22

All that for less than what the bullets are worth?

Some guys have all the luck.
Old April 6, 2008, 09:27 PM   #5
acloco

Hodgdon has reloading data online.

I use HS6 and HS7 in 357 mag, 44 mag, & 45 ACP.

http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp
Old April 7, 2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Yoosta B. Blue

Mrawesome22, you observed -- "All that for less than what the bullets are worth?"

Yes, I was indeed very lucky to have happened upon a deal like this. Probably never happen to me again.

YBB