The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old January 6, 2013, 08:54 AM   #26
globemaster3

Thanks for posting Tiki's response. Your rifle had really intrigued me. Too bad it was not an arsenal job... Or that they officially existed in that variety.
Old January 6, 2013, 09:49 AM   #27
m.p.driver

Remember seeing these about 10 years ago at the shows for $79.Trying to sell all of the .303"s that had came in ,they bobbed just about all models to make"Jungle Carbines". Mine was Century marked,but i don't know if they did the work,or it was jobbed out further down the line.Made a great little pick up truck gun,once i got the sights zeroed.
Old January 6, 2013, 10:02 AM   #28
BerdanSS

The Jungle carbines were pretty specific though...not just any ol Enfield cut down any way.

No. 5

Then there where these little mutts...I had one in 7.62nato made by GRC

DAVE That is a very cool little rifle though. I'd love to have one of those and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Last edited by BerdanSS; January 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old January 7, 2013, 11:04 PM   #29
gasmandave

Thanks, I really like it and it's fairly pleasant to shoot. I figure it's a good truck gun at the least, and I'll see what it does on a deer next season. But like I said in another post "Range Report" I can keep all the rounds in a 6" circle at 75 yards with MilSurp ammo, if I do my part (B.R.A.S.S.). Figure this wasn't meant to be a sub-moa gun. If I use a good quality hunting round it should tighten up a bit.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510776