The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 23, 2002, 05:40 PM   #1
ARshooter

Weaver Classic V 24 scope...Good?

I am considering the purchase of a Weaver Classic V 24, 6-24X scope for varmint hunting. I have no experience with the Weaver brand and would like other shooter's opinions on this scope. What other scopes would this compare to?

Thanks.
VHA
NHRA
Old December 24, 2002, 09:32 AM   #2
bullseyekp

I paid about $290 for mine a couple years ago. Prior to that I had a B&L Elite 4200 6-24x. I've had it in the sweltering heat and the freezing cold and never a problem. The optics aren't as clear as a Leopold but I would say they are very close to the B&L 4200; not to mention it is about 2 inches shorter than the B&L. You might also check out the Weaver Grand Slam in 6-20x. IMO,the optics on the Grand Slam are definitely the best in that price range.

Bottom line: I like my V24 but if you want a little brighter optics, spend the extra money and buy the Grand Slam. Try Natchez or Graf and Sons for decent prices.