The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 8, 2010, 01:46 PM   #1
JakeSnakeSlim

Enfield 2 band

Been shooting the Chas Daly Hawken lately and have a hankering for either a Springfield 1861 or 2 Band 1858 Enfield. Kind of a Civil war buff and have spent many vacations at various battlefields.

The Armi 2 band Enfield appeals to me based on the length of the rifle being between my Hawkin and the Springfield. I do like that Springfield being a Yankee (old) Boy but I guess the Enfield 2 band was a Union weapon also so either would be appropriate. And the shorter Enfield just looks right to me for handling.

No reenacting or anything special other than gong shooting at the farm.

What do ya' all think of the 2 band Armi Enfield. Anyone have the sword/bayonet that Dixie sells to go with it http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=3870. Just have to figure out if it will fit the Armi Enfield and if that is what Dixie is selling Speaking of Dixie and/or Taylor any opionion of buying from them good/bad. Any other suggestions as to where to get the best price.

Thanks

Last edited by JakeSnakeSlim; July 8, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old July 8, 2010, 03:18 PM   #2
byronw999

I've been looking myself on and off... I was told by the older BP folks in my club that the ArmiSport is a little more historicly correct and is fine for reinacting ,but if I wanted a better shooter to go with the Eurosport Enfield instead.

If I'd quit buy CAS guns I could already have one!
Old July 8, 2010, 03:33 PM   #3
JakeSnakeSlim

Guess the Dixie works Enfield is a Euro-Arms so I don't know about the Bayonet fitting the Armi. I don't want to get into a lot of fitting. What's the feeling on the Euro arms.
Old July 8, 2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Hawg

Quote:
I've been looking myself on and off... I was told by the older BP folks in my club that the ArmiSport is a little more historicly correct and is fine for reinacting ,but if I wanted a better shooter to go with the Eurosport Enfield instead.

I dunno my Armi Sport 3 band enfield will hold minute of five gallon bucket at 300 yds.
Old July 8, 2010, 04:11 PM   #5
arcticap

Winchester Sutler sells the Euroarms model through their Brush Creek Armory:

http://brushcreekarmory.com/#REPRORIFLE

http://winchestersutler.com/
Old July 8, 2010, 04:13 PM   #6
byronw999

Yea, well it's prob one of those Ford/Chevy kinda things...

I also find a lot of the older BP folks that say Pietta is crap because they tried em out years ago when they were crap... Mine shoot great...

I've also been looking at Taylors like the OP. Anyone have any comments on quality?

Thanks