The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 9, 2009, 08:39 PM   #1
southernshooter

particular bullet particular casing .....what powder ?

im new to reloading as this next question will verify lol i have a particular bullet ( 180 gr boat tail match ) and particular casings ( remington 300 win mag ) now my question is how to find the best powder or how much or what burn rate ect. ect. do i need to get the best perfomance out of that round this is a target rifle only and is only pushed to shoot 600yards or less not a hunting rifle at all any advice other than smart comments would be greatly appreciated the bullets are not cheap and cant do a long prosess of elimination
Old November 9, 2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Jim Watson

I am not a magnum shooter, but a quick search on the long range board found Re 19 the most frequently recommended powder for .300 WM in recent times. Others include Re 22, 4350 and 4831.