The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 14, 2008, 12:44 AM   #1
shotgunpet

NEF Pardner Accessory question

I was just curious, after searching, I can't seem to find any kind of exhaustive list of what parts from the 870 or any other models that will interchange. I do know the barrel won't. I found that but the others I cant find. Any suggestions
Old May 14, 2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

The Chinese-made "Partner" is a close but NOT exact copy of the Remington 870.
Some parts will interchange, many won't.

Problem is, the Chinese guns have varied slightly over the years they've been imported, and what fits from one gun may not work from another.
About all you can do is try Remington parts in YOUR gun.

Barrels will not interchange, nor will action bar assemblies.
You "might" be able to use a Remington barrel on a Chinese clone by using a spacer tube over the guns magazine tube to fill the space between the barrel support ring and the magazine cap.
Old May 16, 2008, 07:23 AM   #3
Tomac

What specific parts/accessories are you thinking of?
Tomac
Old May 16, 2008, 06:32 PM   #4
shotgunpet

anything...really. Barrels...stocks....etc
Old May 17, 2008, 09:45 PM   #5
Tomac

I know for certain that Sidesaddles fit and have been told by another owner that the Knoxx stocks fit (so just about any 870 stock should fit), took a custom +2 mag tube extension to make it 7+1, Laserlyte railed taclight mount needed to be opened just a touch to fit, that's all I have at the moment. HTH...
Tomac
Old May 18, 2008, 10:32 PM   #6
MAX100

Most 870 accessories will fit the Pardner Pump and Norinco 982, same gun with different style receivers. Some may need to be modified a little. I am putting together a Pardner Protector with a breacher/muzzle break barrel and I have a Mesa Tactical stock adapter & Hogue fore end on it so far. I will post pictures of it and list what I have on it when I finish it.

List of what will fit the Pardner Protector & Norinco 982 shotguns.

Mesa Tactical Stock Adapters
Hogue Fore end & stock
Vang & Scatter Gun speed Safeties
Surefire Fore end but it has to be modified some
870 Tube extensions but they are to long or to short
870 Heat shields
Speedfeed stocks & fore ends

I could go on.

GC
Old May 18, 2008, 11:03 PM   #7
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I am not one to knock an opinion or preference but I honestly ask...
Why choose the chinese "870 style" gun at all and more so if you like doo-dads? A mossberg maverick 88 is american made and cheaper than the "pardner" and ALL 500 parts interchange minus maybe the trigger assembly....
Brent
Old May 18, 2008, 11:53 PM   #8
King Ghidora

Better still why not just get an 870 which has more accessories than any other shotgun probably. It doesn't seem like a person would save a lot of money if they were trying to upgrade a Chinese knock off of the 870 with 870 aftermarket parts. You'd be buying the same aftermarket parts that are made for the 870 and the more of the parts you bought the more your gun would be a higher percentage of the price of an 870. This is just a thought BTW. YMMV as always.
Old May 19, 2008, 01:19 AM   #9
MAX100

Tomac has a very nice Pardner Protector he can show you a picture of.

I believe the the Norinco 870 copies are better made shotguns and a improved version of the 870 design. They cost about $180 from the big chain stores and are about $150 less than a Express HD. They are step above the Maverick 88 shotguns..

Machined extractor

Drilled & taped from scope mount

Metal Trigger guard

Parkerized finish

Thicker very hard high carbon steel receiver

Better designed shell lifter

7+1 rnd capacity with 18.5" barrel and tube ext

The tube extension is a stronger setup than the 870 because it is shorter

The barrel locking lug is in a better location. There is room to put a accessory mount between the fore end and barrel locking lug. On an 870 you have to put the mount on the tube extension and remove it each time break down the shotgun.

Norinco 982 has excellent set of ghost ring sights that would cost you almost as much as the shotgun if you bought a similar set after market.

I wouldn't even consider getting a 870 Express when I can have better shotgun for half the price.

Here is a picture of a Norinco 982 with a custom 7+1 mag tube extension that will also fit the Pardner Protector.

Here is a picture of a Protector with the a 7+1 custom tube ext.

Here is my Norinco 982T with 7+1 tube ext. Vang safety, heat shield, Laserlyte tri-rail mount. The action is smooth as silk and has had thousands of rounds through it with no FTF. It is still going strong and looks like a new gun after I put a very durable non rust matte black ceramic coating on it.

A picture of a New $325 Remington 870 Express HD 18.5" barrel with IMI extractor, plastic trigger guard, 6+1 tube extension, thinner steel receiver, blue finish not parkerzied, no ghost ring sights and not drilled & tapper for scope mount. I am a dealer and sale all of these shotguns.

Mossberg 590A1 Model # 51518, 18.5" Barrel, GRS, speedfeed stock and with custom 7+1 tube extension. It is for law enforcement sales only. It is a step above all of these shotguns.

GC

Last edited by MAX100; May 19, 2008 at 04:07 AM.
Old May 19, 2008, 08:32 AM   #10
King Ghidora

A "better" shotgun? More accessories and a different finish but "better"? Not IMO. I've owned lots of Chinese made weapons and most of them are very good. But they aren't the quality of a Remington 870. I also own a Mossberg. I much prefer my 870 even though the Mossberg is also a fine weapon. The thing is for me is that my 870 is high quality and the list of accessories is endless. I don't actually want a whole lot of accessories myself but I do have a few. I have a 9+1 extension which I haven't actually installed because of warranty issues, a better recoil pad and a laser sight. Anything more than that is overkill IMO but of course YMMV. If I have issues with the finish I'll have it changed. I can get a professionally done (hot vat) bluing for $50. A friend of mine just down the road has a tank and will do it for me cheap as he has in the past. I could have it chrome plated or nickel plated if I wanted to.

I believe the question was about accessories for a Pardner. Yes you can buy Chinese guns with many accessories already installed. But you won't find the list of accessories you will for the 870. I've read the posts here where many 870 accessories won't work with the Chinese guns. If you want to make your shotgun be exactly what you want then the 870 is clearly the leader. Yes you can get a fine shotgun from China. But IMO a Remington is a better gun.

BTW a thicker receiver just means more weight to me. I don't see any advantage to it. The 870 is well known for durability. Thick enough is thick enough.
Old May 19, 2008, 02:19 PM   #11
MAX100

I answered the OP question and more.

The Remington 870 is well made shotgun but Remington cheaped out some parts on the Express for higher profits. It is just my opinion but I like what the Norinco version of the 870 offers for the money. I believe it is a better designed shotgun for tactical purposes.

GC
Old May 30, 2008, 07:48 PM   #12
shotgunpet

I bought the pardner cause i got a deal of 71 dollars for brand new with 18 1/2 barrel. Not to shabby. Thank you for all the info. I work at MidwayUSA so I am looking around to see what I can get.

Bill
Old August 4, 2008, 10:55 PM   #13
RangerM9

geez...and i thought my deal for $130 was good!....way to go!
Old August 7, 2008, 09:10 PM   #14
Selfdfenz

shotgunpet

You work at Midway USA....and you paid $71 for an 870 clone.....and you're asking us what will fit your Norinco?

I'm sorry man but simply cannot feel sorry for you!

A. Go ask Larry what will fit you new shotgun. If you hurry you can still catch him, he's reloading some kind of rifle ammo over on TV.
B. If you have a moment say hi to my all money when you pass by.

Just kidding. Good luck with the new shottie.

S-