The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 6, 2007, 03:57 PM   #51
douglasschuckert

Good to know...

That is nice, but at the same token, why do you feel its necessary to call someone out on your personal view; that if you look at what the ACTUAL question, Doug asked: “If there was ONE full auto weapon you could LEGALLY and EASILY buy, what would it be?".... Does anything in that title say hypothetical? Out of two pages of input, there are a lot of people, who probably do not currently own NFA, saying what’s cool as to what they've either seen on TV/Movies, read about, or dealt with while military. Out of two pages of postings, there was very little to answer what the actual question was.

Most of what was 'hypothetically' said is not LEGAL nor easily purchased.
Old May 6, 2007, 05:26 PM   #52
VUPDblue

Maybe I'm just hard-headed... What means one thing to me may mean another thing to you. Sorry.
Old May 6, 2007, 08:32 PM   #53
ShipWreck

FN P90 - a REAL P90 with a built in factory laser
Old May 6, 2007, 10:01 PM   #54
douglasschuckert

VUPDBlue...

Alls cool brother. I re-read what I typed, and it does seem a little brash. I should be the one apologizing to you.
Old May 6, 2007, 10:16 PM   #55
douglasschuckert

Shipwreck!!!!

Nice name! I was called that all throughout my Naval career. I was the one numb-nutt that would tell his BoatCrew Leader to go suck an egg..... ohhhhh the endless days of cleaning the CZ7s! Hated the Navy, loved the job! I loved it! In the end, I couldn't get over having to salute a JO younger than me! or taking orders from people that have no clue what is going on!

DAMN, IF I DONT MISS IT THOUGH!

You're right... The P90 is ONE HELL OF A NICE PIECE!!! I got to shoot on once. I didn't like how it felt. It didn't feel like a weapon. It reminded me of my childhood days playing with the squirt-guns that looked like ray-guns, but WOW! I LOVE THE ROUND! The P90 is actually more effective than the 556 for CQB. Its just DAMN expensive ammo.

The 5.7 round is AMAZING when its suppressed. It has surprisingly quiet attributes, yet superior performance. Some operators have replaced the MK2 with the FN-Five7 to use against guards and dogs. Where the .22 round wont penetrate BPV's, the 5.7x28 round steel core will! At close range even the LIIIa vests don’t hold up. The round is so effective, the ATF tried to have congress ban it. Labeling it as a ‘Cop Killer’. Instead ammo manufacturers (once FN allowed them too) conceded and quit producing the standard round and now use a ‘civilian legal’ version that will stop in most Level IIIa vests.
Old May 13, 2007, 08:56 PM   #56
spctim11

It would have to be a Quad 50 mounted in the back of my Chevy.
Old May 14, 2007, 07:27 PM   #57
BillCA

spctim,

I think a Quad-50 setup would look pretty cool, but it's bound to get you talked about. Besides, care and feeding of just one .50 BMG is bad enough, but four of 'em? Oooh, my pocketbook!
Old May 14, 2007, 08:00 PM   #58
Trapp

Surprised no one mentioned the American 180.......
Old May 14, 2007, 08:37 PM   #59
douglasschuckert

Trapp//

VERY NICE MENTION!!

If you had to choose 1 full auto .22??? The AM-180 would be it! AMAZING little zipper (and not that expensive either). Add a can to the front, and.... well you can imagine of the sensation :-)

Take that sucker squirl hunting! heh heh heh... Unsportsman-like conduct at its best!

MAN I LOVE THE .22 ROUND!!!!! :-)

A full auto .22 is absolutely, completely, and utterly useless, but DAMN if it isn't the MOST FUN HUMANLY POSSIBLE (not withstanding the consideration of a beautiful woman's.... uhhhh.... *caugh caugh* )
Old May 15, 2007, 08:50 AM   #60
Tac1911

P90.. Cant explain it lots of other great guns out there, it just has an appeal to me for some reason.
Old May 15, 2007, 11:35 AM   #61
V4Vendetta

I'm going to go with MP5 with sound suppressor because of the relative cheapness & availability of ammo.

My second choice would be a pair of the Beretta M93R's with compensator, longer barrell, top ejector port & several 20-shot magazines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SybOU2vYFRk

I couldn't afford the ammunition costs of a full-auto 30-06 BAR .

Within each one of us there is a inch of hope, of will, of integrity. We must never lose or give away that inch. For within it we are free.
Old May 15, 2007, 07:09 PM   #62
Slugthrower

I wonder why no one has chosen one of these. USAS-12 or the Pancor Jack Hammer.
Old May 16, 2007, 06:30 AM   #63
elliott

I think it would be a MP5SD, its quiet, and its the only girl I could afford to feed. My wife is expensive and she is louder than hell.
Old May 16, 2007, 07:10 PM   #64
douglasschuckert

Mp5

The MP5SD *IS* the perfect 9mm subgun! Quiet doesn't explain how scarry that gun really is! Even full-house 9mm come out sub-sonic and its the perfect cyclic rate! Oh if only they didn't cost 16k plus!
Old May 19, 2007, 12:25 AM   #65
'75Scout

While the BAR is normally my pick in these types of threads the new Sage SCAR CQB stock for Ruger mini-14s has me thinking an AC556 drup in 1 of those bad ass stocks along with some other tactical goodies would be a real sweat rig. Plus its factory serviceable.
Old May 19, 2007, 01:53 AM   #66
SteelCore

I think I'd definitely like it to be a belt-fed weapon like an M60 or M249. Mags empty just too quickly on full-auto, though drum mags and the 50-round P90 mags are an improvement. Subguns are sexy, but I think a shotgun can fill the same role and is perhaps superior in some ways. And full-auto fire in lightweight rifles is said to be less effective than semi-auto anyway except at very close range. You can still shoot several rounds per second on semi, but with better accuracy. So if I could only get one full-auto weapon, I'd go all the way and make it a belt-fed.

Having said all that, I think gun owners should start lobbying for the repeal of the 1986 machine gun ban. The 1934 NFA I can live with, but the 1986 ban is grossly unconstitutional, and I think it could be repealed if gun owners didn't resign themselves to its existence. It's not that I think full-auto is so important, it's just the principle of the thing.

*Steps off soapbox*
Old May 19, 2007, 09:58 AM   #67
Brian Williams

M2

Carbine that is, if not that a M3 greasegun
Old May 26, 2007, 10:18 PM   #68
NCLivingBrit

I know it probably wouldn't pass legal muster (I haven't even begun to look at NFA, too much cash, too much Gub'ment, too much paperwork) but I would dearly love to get my hands on an STG44.

The grandfather of all EBR's, now that's a thing of beauty!
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin
Old May 27, 2007, 07:59 AM   #69
wth?

I'd love to have an FNC. Very under rated: reliable, easy to clean, has the "what's that " factor going for it, and uses AR/M16 mags.
Old June 1, 2007, 02:22 PM   #70
Arioch

I wish ...

A Thompson or an American 180.
Old June 1, 2007, 02:31 PM   #71
Odd Job

R5 (Galil clone)
Old June 4, 2007, 11:54 AM   #72
30 cal slut

the FN-FNC is one of my favorite select fire 5.56 mm rifles.

for subgun caliber ... HK MP-5 in 9mm hands down.
Old June 4, 2007, 12:00 PM   #73
rifleer1

M249 with the 10" barrel and airborne stock. Best EVER for room clearing

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon. I miss mine
Old June 4, 2007, 12:23 PM   #74
Manedwolf

Whatever those simple Czech tubeguns were. CZ-26, I think.

Small, reliable, and fires 7.62x25 hotloads that can punch through a lot.

Old June 5, 2007, 09:33 PM   #75
Bruxley

M-4
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.