The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 14, 2016, 03:35 PM   #1
Lord_ManHammer

RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure Micrometer Adjustment Screw Small Question

How on earth does this go into the RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure? I cannot seem to dismantle it as the instructions says the metering screw has to be dropped down into the hopper but I cannot get this micrometer apart.

Does anyone know? I cannot find a single thing on how this is done online, every tutorial just already has it in place and RCBS support is garbage. I asked this on friday and still nothing from them.
Old June 14, 2016, 04:23 PM   #2
brasscollector

Just got the large micrometer screw for my uniflow a while back.
If you're talking about the new parts that have yet to be installed: There is an allen (recessed) head screw on the outer 'sleeve' that holds it all together and IIRC they had pieced it together before shipment. Loosen the allen screw and the outer 'sleeve' should slide off. Might be some resistance as there is an o-ring seal. Further disassembly down to individual pieces is necessary as all that slides down in through the hopper is the piston itself, everything else gets assembled from the outside. I actually found that to be somewhat helpful as it was assembled when it arrived so I knew how it went back together.
Old June 14, 2016, 10:44 PM   #3
Lord_ManHammer

Thank you Brass! I now have it assembled and going to break it in now. Thanks for doing what Midwayusa an RCBS could not bud.
Old June 15, 2016, 05:24 AM   #4
brasscollector

Not a problem, happy to help.