The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 20, 2010, 06:00 PM   #51
Longdayjake

I want to live where demigod lives.
Old August 20, 2010, 08:47 PM   #52
CrustyFN

Quote:
Here's a pic of factory Green tip hitting one of my AR450 plates.

We were trying to bust the myth that shooting during fire restrictions can cause fires. I put a tinder bundle under this gong and it failed to catch fire.
We caught a hill on fire at out MG shoot with tracers. We had around 15 or 20 people go up the hill and make sure it got put out. You would be surprised how far a tracer can go up a hill after hitting a car.
Old August 20, 2010, 11:57 PM   #53
Xfire68

We shot about 350 rounds yesterday and these turned out to be much much better then a few of you have stated! For plinking rounds these are pretty accurate at 100 yards! Getting 30 round groups about the size of a baseball with a few (3-5) flyers. I used the rest of the Varget and Benchmark and had 250 rounds using TAC. Tac is a great powder and the price is even better!

We shot a number of rounds through 1/4 inch steel plate with the 62g bullets and I was surprised that the 55g V-Max did the same thing and even made a bigger hole!

AR shooting is turning out to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 3, 2010, 06:48 PM   #54
Longdayjake

I know I am a little late on this thread, but my experience with these pulled bullets has shown that they are just as accurate as brand new ones. I am not surprised at all that you are getting the results you mentioned. I just took some out and shot them up and I was really going to town with them. Last year I was blasting rabbits and chucks with them at 200 yards.

As far as penetration in steel goes they do leave a little deeper mark in thick steel but they don't really penetrate that much better than fmj.