The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 1, 2012, 10:51 AM   #1
TX Slim

Anybody shoot a Diamondback DB15?

I am currently in the market to buy a AR15. I had a Bushmaster M4A3 8 years ago, but sold it. Im back into shooting more often and would like to purchase another rifle. I was at my local gun store and noticed a flat earth colored AR15. It was a Diamondback DB15. Nice looking rifle. It has no front post, magpul flip up sights and a free floating barrel. Not to mention the lower and upper was Flat Earth brown. I went home to do my research on the rifle, but couldn't fine much on it. A few youtube videos and some product description, but no negative or positives. They want $999 for it. Anybody handle one these before and could give me some input? The other rifle in the hunt is a CORE15. Thanks
Old December 1, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
djcantr

What are you wanting from the rifle? You can build a quality rifle for less. You're also almost BCM and Colt territory with that $999 price. Not chrome lined, 1:9 twist, no BCG specs on the Diamondback. No specs listed, I'd assume inferior parts. I don't have experience with Diamondback ARs but I'd rather assemble myself with parts I know to be quality or buy a complete rifle I know to be quality.
Old December 1, 2012, 08:00 PM   #3
allaroundhunter

For $999 I would skip the Diamondback and go with BCM or Colt. You can find both of those for around that price point.
Old December 2, 2012, 10:46 PM   #4
TX Slim

Think I will get the Colt. I can get the 6920 for the same price and not have to worry about quality. Thanks for the input.
Old December 3, 2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Fishbed77

Is this the same Diamondback that makes the kind-of-crappy 9mm DB9 pistols? If so, I'd pass.

For that price, I'd go with a Colt or BCM. You could save a little and get a Spikes or PSA rifle as well. All of these choices are very high-quality.